Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by wendyferguson

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom 10

Celebrity Cruises has been the standard as to which cruise line to compare. I'm not a professional cruiser with only about 9 under my belt but I absolutely couldn't find anything seriously wrong with this cruise. From the exquisitely prepared food to the activities, it's the attention to detail I found amazing.

Let me list the things I found wonderful about this attention to detail:

People were at the beginning of chow lines to disinfect your hands-BAZINGA! OCD=Good

There were abundant bathroom attendants to clean up after the dimwits that don't wash their hands after doing the deed. YAY! You are also urged to open the door handle with a paper towel and everything was abundantly supplied to do so. I'm all a twitter about preventing norovirus! (can you tell?)

Each and every meal from the burger joint to the specialty restaurants was consistent, fresh and colorful.

There was plenty of room and flow in the cafe' was usually very comfortable without the pushing and grabbing of those not so inclined to be polite (read: city folks)

There appeared to be the same chair hogging freaks day after day but the crew seemed to be sincere in their promise to clear out those mouth breathers quickly so we always found somewhere to sit even on the ship days

This ship was meticulous which (again) soothed my OCD need to be clean

The entertainment was not cheesy, and the shows were upbeat and actually really good even for this old grouchy woman.

You couldn't go around a corner and not see something spectacular-a statue, a small coffee shop, nightclub, spa...endless things to do. Don't miss the GREAT Molecular Bar our friends turned us on to.

The ports. Now that's another story. But we knew what they were moving forward so it was not a disappointment because staying on board was so delicious an endeavor. You just don't care if Belize City is a soupy mess of humanity and Limon, Costa Rica is a disgusting little hovel of a city. If you *did* book a tour the folks were painfully sincere in their pride of their cities.

Conclusion: Fine ship, nice mix of cultures, plenty of room, very organized and clean-clean-clean whether you liked it or not.

wendyferguson's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom 10
Cabin 10 1031

My sister booked at the last minute, she is an Elite (now elite plus) member and she asked for an upgrade. Not sure what the ship's idea of an upgrade was but the room was adequately equipped for two female travelers to prepare for outings. There were places to hang things all over which we found awesome as we always bring extra hang over the door gadgets. The bathroom was nice! Yes folks, a George Jetson style shower with plenty of room to wash and lots of storage space to boot. We had at least three spaces we never even used. The design of the room was very well thought out and never felt claustrophobic. Because of the placement of the room (mid-forward) we hardly ever felt movement. It's a nice cabin but we expected at least a sofa and we got three chairs instead. If we wanted to spend any time in the cabin to watch movies we had to lay in the beds to do so comfortably. That was disappointing to us.

wendyferguson