3. Viking Heimdal
It was a pleasant introduction to river cruising. The ship was quite new and maintained is mint condition throughout the cruise. The staff - all of the staff - were totally dedicated to our pleasure, and constantly performing the little requests made by us in addition to their daily responsibilities. The food was outstanding by any standard, and of course, plentiful. The only downside - perhaps because it was my first experience - was the request for tips and suggestions of amount on the final day. There has to be a better way to do this - perhaps in writing before one signs on. There is no doubt that the crew deserved to be compensated, but it is done is a very disagreeable manner and the end of the journey - leaves a bad taste in ones memory. I went up to the Bridge and talked to the Captain about the ship - well, not speaking French, and he not much English - but he was open to all my questions about the mechanics of the vessel. This says a lot for him. All in all a pleasant experience that Pat and I are repeating this April on the Elbe Cruise.

First Viking Cruise

Viking Heimdal Cruise Review by 8530

8530’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

Cabin ?
Very clean, plenty of space and serviced often. Almost like having a private maid - very nice.
  Viking Heimdal Deck Plans