Regal Princess Cruise Review

Regal Princess Cruise Review by tropicalhols

• Sail Date: Sep 2014
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

I went on my first cruise this year in September, aboard the Regal Princess on its Maiden season. It lived up (if not superseded) my high expectations! From the minute I stepped aboard I loved it. We were on the 14th deck (I think it’s called Riviera) in an inside cabin, I felt like I was staying at the Hilton! I loved the fact you can turn on the tv and watch from the camera up on the bridge so you know what the weather’s like or where you are. The staff were all so friendly, we loved the entertainment too. We chose the “dine anytime” option – which I would HIGHLY recommend. Each night we would check out the theme at the buffet, then head down to the a-la-carte restaurant we could eat at for free as their theme changed nightly too, and then we’d make our decision where to eat. There’s also a lovely pizzeria, not to mention the “grill” up near the pool for a burger during the day. Oh plus the ice-cream place near the pool! The food was amazing, as was the service, as was the ship.

I am Australian so I guess it was great that everything’s in English. We didn’t really use their shore excursions due to limited funds, we just googled “shore excursions” for the places we were going and did some independent ones (in Athens, Naples and Kusadasi/Ephesus). The pool area in the middle looked awesome but I don’t really like “ruckus” so we preferred the pools at the front and back of the ship – they were wonderful. We also enjoyed the spas! I was disappointed you had to pay a lot to use their “shuttle boat” in Venice where we stayed overnight, we bought a pass for the water-bus. I thought they could have at least included that. But I guess that’s where cruise ships make their money. But you can get around it by just using the water buses. All in all, I think this ship has set a very high standard for my future expectations!! :-)

tropicalhols's Full Rating Summary

Interior

I absolutely LOVED this room. So luxurious. And so much storage that I could totally unpack and put my suitcase away and have so much room to move around :-)

tropicalhols