3. Carnival Legend
Wife and I did the South Pacific 9 nights in March 2014 on the Spirit, and that was quite good. So we decided to take our three boys, and sailed on the Legend for an 11 night South Pacific tour. What a DISSAPOINTMENT ! Their advertising on U Tube etc, waxes lyrical about it being 'Ozziefied' - now I know what that means. It means a dumbed down, more expensive cruise, full of Ozzie BOGANS - of which 80% were. The enertainment was appalling - not because of the entertainers, but because of the paucity of it compared to the Spirit and other lines. The ship was generally dirty - noticably dirtier than the Spirit, and looked quite unkept. Food and crew were OK. Crowd control was terrible. Disorganised, loud, unruly bogans all over the place. And what's all the hype about the sushi bar, cherry on top, etc ? You would think it was a new marvel in cruising experience the way it was advertised, but it was just a couple of pay for veniews. WORST of all, my wife and I are light smokers, and like to have the odd fag. The smoking area was abysmal - always dirty, unkept, full of beer swilling bogans, dirty sticky tables, and ALWAYS unpleasantly overcrowded whilst other areas had hardly anyone at all. Duh, Carnival - if you have an abundance of smokers, CATER PROPERLY FOR THEM !!! The cruise director Eli (?) was hardly seen and could hardly be heard no matter where you were. We missed most announcements, even though we were listening for them. THAT, about does it for me for Carnival - just as bad - if not worse, than some of their P&O rubish.

Ozzified? Yeah!

Ages 13 to 15
Get Carnival Legend price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 8272
Was OK - pillows smelt of stale BO though.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins