3. Grandeur of the Seas
We are avid RCCL cruises, and this is our 10th cruise with them. First time for Grandeur of the Seas. We drove to Baltimore and stayed at the Best Western Plus the night before. We used their park and cruise option that included transfers to/from the port, parking. The hotel also had a free breakfast. The cost for the hotel was a great value compared to parking at the port. Port of Baltimore: Easy on and Easy off. Great port to sail from. The cruise ship is small ,but nice. This ship was upgraded recently, and it seemed like it was much needed. There are other maintenance items on the ship that need to be addressed, but it is an older ship and its showing its age despite the upgrades. Dining options: Windjammer was terrible, not enough seats and the food was mediocre at best (even compared to Windjammers on other ships). After the first couple days we started using the dining room for lunch. Dining room was nice (as usual). We had main seating for dinner, but we should have done My Time since the ship comes into ports so late. Most of the tours take you past the main seating time. Park Cafe was great! We like the options of getting a sandwich or snack here. We did not use any of the paid dining options. Activities: Great job by cruise director Mitch and his staff. The Disco party and other dance parties were at 10:15pm, which I liked a lot. I could take my kids without having to stay up all night. We did not get to port in Key West this trip, and they did a great job rescheduling the day so there were many activities to do. Adventure Ocean was small since it was such a small ship. My kids usually like it alot, but this time they weren't impressed. There were a lot of kids on this ship since it was a Thanksgiving sailing, and it was hard to get into Adventure Ocean at times. Great job by the staff though, they had their hands full this sailing. Overall, we had a good time, and we would go on this cruise again.

Nice Ship, Cozy Friendly Cruise

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by jspak124

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
Port of Baltimore: Easy on and Easy off. Great port to sail from.
Dining options:
Park Cafe was great! We like the options of getting a sandwich or snack here.
We did not use any of the paid dining options.
Overall, we had a good time, and we would go on this cruise again.

jspak124’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

small but functional. It was enough for what we needed. Only complaint is the beds aren't tall enough to store the suitcases under. I always recommend inside rooms for families traveling with children. They love the pullman beds, and its dark when you turn out the lights at any time of day.Did not like the shower curtains in the bathroom, they blow in and stick to you.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans

• Nassau
    We took the Graycliff Chocolate tour, which was fantastic. Even the kids loved it (ages 7 and 9). The tour was about 1 1/2 hours, which was a perfect amount of time and still had time to shop after.We learned about the process of making chocolate, and we got to make our own chocolate bar, truffle, chocolate covered marshmallow and pineapple. We got a really nice wood cigar box to pack our chocolate in to take home.
    View All 5,906 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Nassau Cruise Port Review
  • Walt Disney World
    We did the Disney Express transfer which I DO NOT recommend. We only got about 4 hours at the Magic Kingdom and was a waste of money. It cost $500 for 4 people (with the transfer fee), and we did not get enough time. We were in port about 12 hours, and we were hoping we would have more time there.
    View All 93 Walt Disney World Reviews