3. Grandeur of the Seas
First of all, I would like to say we LOVE to cruise, so no matter what ship we are on we are going to have a good cruise, that is our mindset. That being said, I will just do a brief review. Embarkation was our first time with priority boarding now that we are platinum level, so fast and easy. It took less than a half hour. There were no lines when we walked into the terminal at security, that has never happened to us. The ship is older for sure. In 2013 we sailed on the Enchantment and LOVED it, her sister ship not so much. I know the workers work so very hard, but on the Enchantment workers acknowledged you wherever you were, not so much this time. Mitch the cruise director (for us) started out slow, but got so much better. It looks like he is really having a good time and wants to share that with others. The food has just gone so downhill on cruises anymore. I remember the days when the food they want you to pay for now in specialty restaurants was what we ate in the main dining room. Shame... However, love the omelets for breakfast, they never change and the coconut cookies. We tried anytime or my time dining whatever it is called and since we had made reservations BEFORE we came on cruise for 7 every night, we had the same waiters every night and same table area also. We liked that very much. The thing we did not like about that was it seemed that some nights it became "THEIR" time dining, when we would be asked to change our 7 p.m. time a couple times. The maître 'd was very nice to us, though. Entertainment is excellent, I must say. The RC dancers/singers, I felt, were better than usual. The aerialists in the centrum that we did see were excellent, wish we would have seen the whole thing. The comedian, Etta Mae, was very funny and the Love and Marriage show is always good. The piano bar dude, (can't remember name, Anthony?) which we frequented often, was very good. The Quest game was funny as usual. We met some new people at our Cruise Critic slot pull who were very nice. Shout out to Mike and others. It was our first time being in an inside room with FOUR adults. We made it work and it was perfectly fine. Shows it CAN be done. Also, used the spa shower for the first time, will do that again. That was a CC tip from way back. Our room steward was fine, not great. Just did what he had to. Our dining room staff was better than usual for us, which we enjoyed. Ports: Port Canaveral - did Cocoa Beach, enjoyable - Nassau, went to the zoo for the first time, very enjoyable - actually got into Coco Cay, which is so unusual in November - and was so grateful we did. However, we missed Key West for the very first time EVER due to bad weather. All in all, great cruise, especially thanks to our friends, April and Sheila (and LIsa, Beth and Earl). Will probably sail on the Grandeur again due to there only being (after next March) two ships in Baltimore. But, preferred Enchantment over Grandeur.

Just Saying

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by cavewoman

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
However, we missed Key West for the very first time EVER due to bad weather.

cavewoman’s Full Rating Summary