3. Norwegian Epic
Maybe because we did the trip in October 5-12th out of Barcelona the ship didn't feel that full - maybe it was & I didn't notice it - we did port calls all day long - tons of walking on the tours! Spent most time afterward at Spice Bar before dinner -- excellent staff! and then did the Specially restaurant package for dinners all week.\ Don't think we needed to do that! Could have ate at the regular dining rooms and done a few specialty restaurants. Le Bistro was excellent! - ate there twice! Teppanyaki was not that good -(overcooked the lobster for 2 people that said it- I didn't have it) the NCL Dawn ship does it a lot better. I've been on about 5 NCL trips, 1 Carnival (which I hate Carnival - will never do that again), 1 Royal Carribean (very good), and one Princess (very, very good) La Cucino was very good for Italian food on the ship ---excellent service and great food! Moderno ( I always heard Brazlian beef is the best - they serve several courses on swearers -- it was all very dry - we did not eat much there - we were like - no thank you!) we did not each much that night! Cagney's - the Great Steakhouse which is a $30 upcharge with excellent premier service - included in my dinner upgrade package! They didn't have a clue that Friday night ---hardly any service and forget to bring my lobster tail for an additional $10 upgrade! Ha! He apologized and asked if I wanted it - - I said, no thanks, we are all done with dinner. I did finally get my lobster tail on Sat night at Le Bistro when we went there for our 2nd visit -- that place is good! So NO I would not do the specially dinner package on the EPIC -- just pick a couple restaurants and pay the upcharge if you want. Loved our room -- it worked perfect ! I heard a lot of people complain about the toilet and the shower, etc. Hey -- if you are good enough friends to go on a cruise -- deal with it! You are in a small room - go figure! If you have 2 adults and a daughter -- well, leave the room while Daddy takes a shower! Stop complaining about this - I thought the new set up worked pretty good! Now - I will say this about smoking! I am a smoker and love to be able to smoke on the balcony. I am really upset that NCL is changing their policy as of Nov 1 to no smoking on balcony rooms. There are very few places to smoke on the ship. You have a hard time finding a port side exit to go outside, etc. ---- But I will say this about the EPIC -- I understand why everyone is complaining about cigarette smoke --- you cannot get to where you want to go - unless you walk through the casino area which is smoking! to get anywhere & then go down the escalator. That is bologney! The elevators will not go below that floor! I know my Mother could not handle going thru that smoke! That is a ridiculous floor Plan! So I now know why everyone complains about it! It truly is a design flaw! Make those elevators go down one more floor away from the casino and the smoke! (I know it has buttons on it and they can do that!!) Horrible design!! -- NCL deserves criticizism about this smoke issue on EPIC. Doesn't mean that have to ban it on balconies!! Sorry - this is long, but just got back Oct 12th from trip -- be aware =there is a ton of walking!! By the following Saturday me & my friend had swollen feet that looked like Clydesdale horses! I have never seen so many stairs -- up and down - in my life during the week!. We did bus trips to Rome, Florence, and Cannes/Monaco thru NCL -- let me warn you -- the busses have to park a long way away -- like 15-20 minutes away -- so you have to walk to get there and walk back to the bus -- plus all the walking you are doing while you are at the place. It is Rush, rush, rush! I turned 60 in August and said I had never been to Europe and wanted to go once in my lifetime -- By Wed in Rome I said -- I feel every one of those 60 years old! (which I never had!). I would suggest -- get a tour van like they try to do -- at least maybe they can park closer to the buildings to drop you off and pick you up -- the tour buses have to park at a designated area - way far away!! Both ways -- walking in to see what you want and then walking back to get the bus. It was brutal - and I'm in really good shape! Also Ladies -- you can get a money belt that goes on your waist below your pants from Dick's Sporting Good - something Outdoors or other places like that -- make sure the zippers and clips are made of plastic and you can wear it right through Security at the airports! I had one & went right through all the machines at security as everything is made with plastic, but you can hide your money in there. You really have to watch it --- a lot of pick pockets, etc --they even warn you! We went up in the Eiffel Tower before the cruise & they had signs when we got on the elevators to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower warning us about pick pockets. Those work great! Have a great trip -- I had the trip of a lifetime! Everything was wonderful! You will enjoy it~!

Oct 5-12 from Barcelona

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by comdoc2

• Sail Date: October 2014
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
Doesn't mean that have to ban it on balconies!!
I have never seen so many stairs -- up and down - in my life during the week!.
It was brutal - and I'm in really good shape!

comdoc2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 12228
Our cabin steward was very good.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins