Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by crankycruiser1
- Sail Date: November 2014
- Destination: France
Boarding was easy and our balcony cabin was very good. However the following list illustrates where we felt let down compared to the (many) other cruise lines we have sailed with:
- The ship's decore is very conservative - lacking in colour and imagination.
- The food in the Britannia Restaurant was not good. In particular the lack of vegetables was unbelievable - eg carrots were on the menu, What arrived was one small slice of carrot. Broccoli was on the menu. What arrived was a microscopic piece of broccoli. The dessert was supposed to include a pancake - it did but it was the size of a 10p piece.
- The waiter rushed the serving and was clearing the table and resetting it for breakfast before we hand finished.
- We never saw anyone cleaning handrails, mirrors, carpets.worktops etc. Cleanliness is not a priority on QM2
- The staff were uncommunicative - and quite dour.
All in all a very disappointing experience and one that will not be repeated.
250,000+ people have entered their email