Emerald Princess Cruise Review
1,737 Reviews

Disappointing would be an understatement

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by rdadge

• Sail Date: May 2014
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Picture yourself on floating old people's home being 'entertained' by the staff of a Butlins Holiday camp circa 1975 and you'll come close to imagining our unfortunate experience with Princess Cruises so-called 5 star cruise in May.

Toilets blocked all the time with poor communication about sorting it out. This resulted in me wading through urine at one point. The average age was about 75 and I can assume Princess knew this in advance given the activities on offer during the day. Mahjong anyone? Fancy doing some knitting? Playing some bridge? Or if none of that tickles your fancy, why not join us at a Freemason meeting? I kid you not.

Night time entertainment was even worse. Remember those Summertime Specials they put on the telly in the 70's? If you thought they were a thing of the past, think again. Princess Cruises just can't get enough of Disneyland costumed wenches singing 'any old iron'. And top of the bill .... wait for it ...... Bernie Flint! I believe he won Opportunity Knocks in 15BC or thereabouts.

I could go on. And on. Suffice to say we made a formal complaint. Stuff happens, I get that. Surely a reputable company like this would at least address our complaint in a professional and understanding manner. We waited over four months for a response which I can now paraphrase as 'thanks for your feedback, tough luck'. We have been not one penny in compensation but they generously offered to pay back the £20 they'd overcharged us for something. We're still waiting on that £20 , a perfect example of the true esteem Princess Cruises holds for its customers.

rdadge's Full Rating Summary