3. Allure of the Seas
i was on Allure OTS for the 11-16-14 voyage and i was not going to say anything, but feel now that feedback should be sent. It took a week to make this decision because i did not think that RCCL would care anyway. i am here on FB because i figure even if RCCL does not want the feedback that perhaps the 2.6 mil Likes would like to know. This was my second voyage on Allure and most likely my last and perhaps even my last for RCCL. I was a returning CAS Dimond member and felt un-welcomed and discarded most of the 7 days. while boarding went fast even for a Diamond member, i think it went too fast as every line for lunch on the ship was incredibly long. while on m previous Allure voyage i did not experience a single line. when we got to our balcony room which was supposed to be for 4 we were presented with a room that did NOT have bunkbeds. All 7 prior cruises with 3 or 4 in the room always had bunkbeds. My son was 8 this year and had to sleep in the same bed with his aunt who was along as passenger 4. Our stateroom attendant even was shocked that we were placed in his section with a minor because he stated to use that he did not even have a room in this section with bunkbeds. after 24 hours the stateroom will did not cool down to the desired temperature that we are used to on RCCL ships. we inquired with the front desk and was told that they would have maintenance “look at it”. to our knowledge maintenance never showed up all week and the issue was never fixed. the room was not a sauna, but it was uncomfortable to sleep and could not be considered and air-conditioned room. every time we left the room we would be met by a wall of welcome cool air from the hallway. CAS Diamond does not mean much anymore, or that at least is how we were treated anyway. there used to be a ‘happy hour” at venue each day and it was changed to 3 drinks or beers per day added to your sea pass card that could be redeemed at most bars… almost no bartender knew this and i had to explain my self everyday at every bar i tried to redeem this benefit. NOT a diamond CAS feel at all… I was never addressed by the CAS Diamond club attendant once ALL week. when on Allure last time two years ago the female CAS Diamond club concierge greeted us day one and knew who were were ALL week. even if there are too many names… a simple welcome and acknowledgment would be nice when you enter the club. NOT once all week. then on day 7 i actually had a question about the covered kiosks that were available to the ship last Allure cruise to do online checkin for your flights. Who better to answer a Diamond members question , but the Diamond attendant, right? wrong. He did not want to be talked to and came across disgusted that i would ask him a question. isn’t this is JOB? I went to the Diamond club because the thick accent answer from the desk was that the kiosk was unavailable. why have a half doz if they are no longer offered to anyone. not just a Diamond thing, but figured i would better a clearer answer as a returning CAS Diamond mem Jerome (cruise director) was a bore. His staff was much more inviting and exciting then he was. he was not even around as much as past CD are… definitely NO Ken Rush(but who could be) or other CD that i have cruised with. My time dining needs something more… First and last time trying it… maybe good for some, but not us. as for feedback while on the ship… did not receive a survey… don’t know if they were stopped, i just did not get mine or RCCL really does not want to hear from it customers… Lastly, small for some, but big for me… once I noticed that the after dinner souvenir shot glass have once again change form i wanted to collect a new 3rd set of glasses.. only to be told that “we ran out 2 weeks prior to this cruise” just glasses to some, but how do you run out of logo crap to sell to the masses… sad that i will not have my 3rd form set of glasses as i may not be returning again and may never collect them. hope this helps someone… there wasn’t much ROYAL WOW this cruise… and it was my 15th wedding anniversary and RCCL dropped the ball… SMH disappointed.

ALLURE has lost it's Royal WOW... perhaps RCCL too!

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by mrcolr

mrcolr’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

12662... Air Conditioning issues... were not fixed ALL week...
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans