3. Caribbean Princess
This was our first cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We've ben on 4 other Princess cruses and about 33 other cruises on various lines. We stayed in mini suite D505and since we had ben to these ports before, didn't even plan to get off the ship. We just needed a short rest. Luckily, the ship was only about 2/3 full so there were no waits for tables, the show lounge, elevators, etc. Unluckily, I think because there were fewer passengers, Princess cut down on both the quality and presentation of food. I sent back 3 entrees during the cruise, the buffet selection and taste were adequate at best and breakfasts unimaginative. The ship badly needs a upgrade as there was a permeating smell of mold, bilge or something near the show room. There's a lot of rust where there should be white paint. The room carpets are showing wear and the furnishings are getting a little thread bare. The room and service personnel were great, but it was hard to flag down a waiter around the pool and the days we were in port a lot of waiters vanished. We didn't expect too much as this was a last minute inexpensive, decision, so we realize we got what we paid for. Would I go on it again? No Would I recommend it ? Only to a first time cruiser who wanted an inexpensive vacation.

It's Starting to Show It's Age

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by lbsalob

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
Would I go on it again? No

lbsalob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

The room was spacious enough, but showing a little age.
  Caribbean Princess Deck Plans