• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ybb
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2014
Cabin: Balcony

We've been on a fair few cruises on five different lines. One thing you realise is people love to complain about any minor niggle and to take a lot of the complaints with a grain of salt.

For that reason I'll start with the positives because there were several. Embarkation and disembarkation was smooth and painless, maybe because we had priority but I think it flowed wherever you were in the line.

The Piazza café was a great alternative to a longer meal or the buffet and the staff were helpful and attentive. The Alfredo's pizzeria also on deck 5 made great pizzas and you could mix and match toppings to create one that suited you. For those people who are eligible for the elite lounge it also offers a fantastic hideaway on deck 17 in Skywalkers nightclub that was away from the crowds for a pre dinner drink or just to watch the world go by.

Balcony

Cabin BD

This is the rearmost port side cabin on deck 10. As a consequence it includes an extra triangle of deck space that gives a suite handrail width and allows a partial view of the wake. The cabin itself is fine albeit a bit small for a balcony cabin and the shower is a tight squeeze. Jeff or stateroom steward did a great job at making us feel at home and answer our stupid questions. I'd definitely pick it again if I couldn't get a balcony on deck 8.We had calm seas and the only movement seemed to be a pleasant motion I assumed was due to the propellers. No noise apart from low notes from the neighbours tv that was a tad too loud. Not enough to annoy and present in any cabin.

1 Helpful Vote