Regal Princess Cruise Review

Regal Princess Cruise Review by Lovescruising63

• Sail Date: Oct 2014
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

We've cruised over 23 times with Princess, but this was our (my husband and myself) first Mediterranean Cruise and Transatlantic crossing.

Positives: The ship is beautiful; everything is clean and new.

There were approx 4000 passengers on board but e ship never seemed crowded in the common areas. There was also plenty of deck chairs out by the pools,

The food was good in the dining room but better in The Horizon Court. The Crown Grill specialty restaurant was excellent and well worth the $25 p/person. I bought the all inclusive beverage package. It averags out to $49 p/day + gratuities. It was well worth the money. It includes any drink under $10 ( which most of them are), including water, soda, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, specialty coffes, coffee, teas, 40% off of any bottle of wine under $100 and a discount at the gelato bar. And as much as you can drink of any of them.

The itinerary was amazing! We don't do the excursions when we cruise, but several people who did, told us they were expensive and exhausting. We found taxis, hop on hop offs and walking was the way to go.

Also, when in port, things can get expensive as most countries use the euro.

The service, as we have found in the past with Princess, was excellent in all areas. The dining staff, bar staff, our cabin Seward as well as the servers in the International cafe are a cut above.

Negatives: The skywalk was right above our cabin. Instead of looking up and seeing the stars, all night long a row of disco blue theatre lights outline the skywalk. I was extremely unhappy with this as my husband and I like to go out and watch the stars at night. We paid a premium midship cabin fare. The cabins under the skywalks should be discounted instead. So check with your booking agent before booking if you don't want to be under the skywalks. They're on the port and starboard sides.

The lack of a stairway midship was a problem ( as mentioned in other reviews). Having to take the elevators midship did make it hard with overcrowding, rude, and over perfumed ladies, which made it hard for my husband who has asthma. However, I walked to the front or back of the ship and took the stairs, which were not all that far from our cabin.

Summary: We have already booked a Carribbean cruise on the Regal in January 2016. It is a fabulous ship and we will be happy to be back on board!

Lovescruising63's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA A420

We had a midship mini suite and it seemed a little roomier than those on other Princess ships. The 2 flat screen ths on the wall helped with extra space. The balcony was small but functional. We had a queen bed that was super comfortable.

Lovescruising63