3. Carnival Elation
This was my ninth cruise, and my fifth with Carnival. The Elation was, bar far, the worst ship I have ever been on. We decided on a short girls cruise, and the price was right for this 5 day cruise to Cozumel and Progresso. There was a group of 9 of us. Embarkation was a breeze, but the lady checking us in was having a bad day. We were on the ship quickly and had no problems. Upon boarding, the shuttle you up to the Lido deck to eat. I was surprised at how small the ship seemed compared to the Conquest that I had been on the previous year. Food on the ship was OK, it's just something to eat. Nothing special, nothing wow'd us, EXCEPT the food we tasted at the Taste Bar. Too bad that food wasn't available at dinner or lunch anywhere. However, the staff at dinner was awesome. They went out of their way to make us smile, make us laugh, and enjoy the evening with them. We had dinner in the main dining room every night we enjoyed them so much! When our cabin was ready, and we got inside, I was surprised to see the beers I had pre-ordered to be in our room just sitting on the desk, not on ice, and still warm. Tried calling room steward, but of course, they're super busy at that time, so the beers sat there for a day until we finally got some ice. The only "entertainment" on board we went to was the "comedians". Mutzie was one of them at the "adults only" show and was nothing but a downer. He's not even close to be a "comedian" and just went on and on about how grateful he was to Carnival, and how each CD that he sold was going to one of Carnivals employees who's daughter got hit by a bus. The only joke he told, which dragged on for the whole show, was about a black guys huge unit that he was next to at a urinal, and how small the white guys' on the other side of him was. Terrible waste of time. Dean Gaines was the other one we saw, and he was only slightly better. Cozumel was an awesome port, as it always is. Even with the 4 other ships in port, and being very crowded, it was a breeze to get through and get to a cab. Progresso is a new port, and the only thing that's close is the duty free shop with the liquor and perfume, and outside of that building was the "bargin shopping" where they're all trying to get you in their shop, selling their goods, etc. There was a make-shift bar with a DJ and a small, dirty pool. There was also a few ladies there giving massages. Pool areas were surprisingly open. We never had a problem getting a lounger by the pool, but the staff serving drinks were slow and not happy people. I'm used to singing, dancing, smiling waiters and we didn't see any of that. I'm hoping for a better cruise on the Liberty in January.

Big disappointment

Carnival Elation Cruise Review by Reenwad

I'm hoping for a better cruise on the Liberty in January.

Reenwad’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Elation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U49
The ship doesn't have any standard balcony cabins, so we were in a ocean view. If you wanted a balcony, you had to get a suite. We could not get the temperature regulated in the room. We'd wake up at night sweating, then a couple hours later, freezing. The television was old (not flat screen) and didn't work well. Could not see the picture with the reflection of the lights in the room. Also didn't have the channel to view your billing - you had to go stand in line for a kiosk which were strewn about the ship.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins