3. Carnival Sensation
I was completely impressed with all aspects of this cruise. Embarkation was the easiest I have ever seen. We arrived at the port at 11:30 and were sitting down to eat at 12:30. Our bags were in the room at 2:15. All employees were cheerful, friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and served at the right temperature. The dining room service was outstanding. We had My Time Dining in the Fantasy Dining Room and never had to wait to be seated. We had a different server every evening and sat at a 7 place round table. The server called us each by name as they placed our plates down. Our tea glasses and water glassses were kept full. The night we had prime rib, we had lobster tail first, then my husband decided he wanted prime rib and asked for it, and it was cheerfully provided although the others at the table had finished and I'm sure it was an inconvenience. The waiters performed a song and dance each evening and it was fun and entertaining. The magician in the dining room was wonderful. Please note that NCL does not serve lobster without an upcharge. The standard steak was tender and flavorful without an upcharge. It was the first time I had eaten escargo and it was delicious. The Buffet had a great variety and really good food. The tables were always cleared. Best managed food service I have ever seen on any ship. The French toast was really good and on alternate days if the scrambled eggs weren't done enough for me, I got an ommelete which was really well prepared. Guest Services went beyond expectations. I had a situation with an excursion unrelated to Carnival and the guest services made a phone call from sea for no charge to help me resolve it. They were so nice, patient and helpful. There was a live for the shows and the dancers, singers and constumes were nice. The comedians were funny. The piano bar was in a nice room and the player/singer was very good. The margarita wasn't but the daiqeries were. The items in the gift shops were good quality and well priced. The attendant on the serenity deck was eager to do anything he could to make everyone comfortable. The lounge chairs had thick pads that were very comfortable. This was my favorite area of the ship to hang out in.

Best Managed Cruise Ship

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by getupgo

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
All employees were cheerful, friendly and helpful.
The items in the gift shops were good quality and well priced.

getupgo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6D U57
The cabin and clean and comfortable. The bed was extremely comfortable. The flatscreen tv was a nice surprise. There was plenty of closet space. The bathroom was my least favorite thing about this cruise. It badly needed a shelf under the sink. But the floor never flooded when we showered which has happened to me in the past. I never heard anything from either side of our cabin. We thought they were empty but saw they were not toward the end of the cruise. Very quiet.Excellent room steward. Nice chocolates and towell animals every night. The cabin was very conveniently located midship on Deck 6.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Snorkeling
    We were supposed to beach snorkel at Deadman's Reef. A very nice bus picked us up and the driver was very personable and gave us a nice commentary on the drive to the beach. The wind had come up by the time we got there and they advised against going into the water. They offered to reduce our charge to $20 each to cover the taxi ride, an excellent rum punch, and a beach chair. I thought that was reasonable. We stayed until noon when the wind increased again and the sand was blowing. Very nice, clean beach with very accomodating employees.
    View All 92 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Catamaran
    I lost my instructions and proof of purchase and the guards in port were very caring and made every effort to figure out what we should do and they did. The crew of the Sea Horse let us go without a ticket which was very nice of them. They raised the sails going both ways. The boat was very nice. The snorkel gear was in good condition. The crew was friendly and gave excellent instructions. They took us to Angels Reef where the water was smooth and crystal clear. The reef was small but nice with some coral I have not seen. The usual fish. Didn't see anything big, not even a baracuda. We were supposed to get one rum drink but had as many as we wanted.
    View All 37 Catamaran Reviews