Carnival Liberty Cruise Review

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by tbutz1216

• Sail Date: Sep 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

On September 13, 2014 My husband and I set sail on the Carnival Liberty out of Port Canaveral, Florida. We were also married aboard ship on September 13th surrounded by family members and close friends. Ricardo was our wedding photographer on board. The wedding and reception was magnificent, only wish we were not rushed....but that's OK, I knew time was limited when I booked. The cruise itself was just OK, nothing to write home about. We lost power and the engines stopped working for several hours. No crew member would tell us what was going on. From our balcony we could see smoke and the smell of something burning was overwhelming. I then decided to walk around the ship and find someone to tell me what is going on. I found a different crew member and asked what was going on. He proceeded to tell me that we just lost an engine and not to mention it was extremely hot when we lost not only an engine but AC for the 3rd time and we were only on day 5 of an 8 day cruise!

Port Authority/Security in San Juan was an absolute JOKE. Rude doesn't even explain the way my husband and I were treated. I can’t believe after the money we spent on this cruise and we are disrespected once off the ship.

The ships menu was different, no more yummy deserts. Food was OK, again nothing to write home about. Apparently Carnival is “testing” a new dining experience out on 4 ships and the Liberty happened to be one of them. They are aiming for “New York Style Dining.” If I wanted New York Style Dining I would have went to New York, not booked a cruise. In order to get a GOOD meal, you have to make a reservation at the steakhouse and pay $35.00 per person. It was well worth the price too!!!

Only 2-3 shows at dinner the entire cruise. No more every night

Due to "technical difficulties" a lot of the dancing shows were combined into one, which the late dining missed. This was part of what I paid for that I did not receive because we had late dining. I wish my reasoning for writing this review was only for minor mishaps on board, but unfortunately that’s not the case.

When I booked my wedding aboard the Liberty August of 2013, it was touchy with the wedding coordinator/planner that I was dealing with. When my wedding got closer, I would say July & August of 2014...I was not getting any responses from her. I would send email after email and call after call and my problems and questions were not getting resolved. A month before my wedding I had ENOUGH! I called and demanded a new wedding planner....and that’s what I got! She was wonderful and I had no more problems from that aspect.

My true problem lies with Carnival Guest Care and the Team aboard ship. I purchased over $1,000.00 worth wedding pictures, some 8x10 and the other 5x7. After choosing which pictures we wanted to purchase, Ricardo printed them out for us and we could pick them up in the Library on board the next evening. All the photos had a very weird white border. I asked Ricardo and again I asked Jefferson in the Pixel Studio if I would have a problem putting these in a frame, I was reassured I would not. Well, I get home and NO 8x10 or 5x7 frame will work on these pictures because of the white boarder. The photo paper was 8x10 & 5x7. The actual pictures measured 4 5/8 x 6 5/8 & 7 5/16 x 9 6/16.

tbutz1216's Full Rating Summary