3. Carnival Inspiration
We have sailed with Carnival 11 times prior to this cruise and have never had a bad experience with this company. I feel that the entire staff on this sailing is over worked and under paid and they just don't care anymore, not even the supervisors and managers. Our Stater-room was small but it was perfect for me and my wife. Our Steward was friendly but not as friendly as they used to be, He kept our room clean all the time and always had our beds made at least 3 times a day. The bathrooms throughout the ship including our room always had a sewer smell/stench; we had never smelled that before on all the other cruise lines we sailed on. The cruise ship is a little run down, 1 out of every 4 elevators was always locked up and we couldn't use it, another one would always skip floors????? The employees are overworked and the floors and public areas weren’t kept up. There were always empty bottles and glasses everywhere. The hallways for the rooms always had food trays lying on the floor for pick up. The ship its self is gorgeous and has a really nice design to it but the management has seemed to let go, and not keep it clean and running in top order like it used to be. Our Dinning experience was just OK; the buffet is what could be expected as a typical buffet style atmosphere. It was always hard to find a clean table to sit at as there weren’t many employees working at the buffet. The outdoor grill was always good but the line was always pretty long for hot dogs and hamburgers and staffing was about the same you always had to wait for them to clean a table for you. One thing I did notice is that there were always plenty of cocktail waiters everywhere (Alcohol is their money maker). The evening dinning was OK as well our waiter was taking care of 4 tables (10 people per table) but the problem was the other two tables where on the other side of the room, so it took a long time for them to take our order and bring us our food. On all 3 nights my Iced Tea was always empty, it’s not the employees fault. They are really overworked and they are trying their best. I talked to the manager about it and he said: "That's all the people they have to work with and that they are trying their hardest" Be careful when purchasing liquor from the duty free shops, we purchased 6 bottles of liquor (Sheridan’s Liqueur) for gifts for our family and friends. Carnival doesn't let you have your liquor purchases until the last day of the cruise when you are ready to leave (makes sense, how else are they going to make $$$). Anyways when we picked up our order one box felt lighter than the other, so I asked them to open the boxes before I signed for them. Come to find out Carnival decided that because they were out of stock of what I was told they had plenty of (Sheridan’s Lacquer) they decided to fill my order with 1 bottle of Baileys and 5 bottles of Amarula Liqueur). I asked for a manager right away to have my order corrected and she told us that they ran out of Sheridan's and that they decided to give us the other liqueur’s instead of my original order, without even checking with me. I thought to myself that they really don't care about their customers. If I would have walked off the ship without checking my Liquor order I would have had the wrong order and they would have gotten away with it. All in all our cruise was fun, just don't expect 4 or 5 stars from them. You get what you pay for!

Not as fun as they advertise, Run Down and Tired

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by ASAT

• Sail Date: November 2014
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior
All in all our cruise was fun, just don't expect 4 or 5 stars from them.
You get what you pay for!
ASAT’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Interior
Cabin 4C
The cabin was small but it worked for me and my wife. We spent most of our time exploring the ship anyways and only needed the room to sleep and shower. Our Steward took excellent care of us he always had our room cleaned and beds made every time we left our room, well at least 3 times a day. The animals he made from towels where really good (Dog and Frog), Keep the bathroom door closed at all times or you will smell the fumes from the sewer throughout your room as the bathrooms do have an odor.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Ensenada
    Not much to do in Ensenada, The same shops at every corner, from Gift Shops, Pharmacies, Bars, Restaurants and a Fish Market. The blow whole tour is not what they said it would be, (tide was low). The tour companies charge way too much $$$ for food and drinks, so I suggest you eat a big breakfast or have brunch on the ship before heading into town.
    View All 508 Ensenada Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ensenada Cruise Port Review
  • Los Angeles
    We arrived at 11:00 AM and knew that we where 1 hour early (no problem) upon check in, we were told that we would be able to board at 12:00 PM. Well 3 hours later (2:00 PM) they finally opened the doors to let us in. The staff working at the Priority Check In has been doing their job to long, as it’s just a process to them. The lady letting people in was very rude and didn't acknowledge us as customers she really made us feel uncomfortable as if we weren't good enough for her or Carnival.
    View All 520 Los Angeles Cruise Port Reviews