Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

• Sail Date: Nov 2014
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Well where do I begin !!

Embarkation at Southampton was rather longer than anticipated , despite having preference over others , I along with other diamon and diamond plus members queued for far longer than we wanted to , however once onboard its soon forgotten .

My superior oceanview balcony cabin on deck ten was just wonderful , beautifully clean and I was blessed with a wonderful Phillipino male room attendant for whom nothing was too much trouble .

I had decided not to eat too much on this cruise , so had room service evry morning so that I would not be tempted by the food in the Windjammer , I had a wonderful rapport with Karen from St Vincent who took the same order every morning Two toast and a boiled egg , and she even came to see me as we laughed so much every time we spoke .

The windjammer , what can I say , just wonderful , they cater so well for everybody and are always so cheerful . Could I pass that huge tray of cherry crumble , bread and butter pudding , and those tiny cheesecakes well no I couldnt , so I thoroughly enjoyed them every afternoon , and then just skipped dinner AND AM PLEASED TO SAY I DIDNT GAIN A POUND

The journey .................well lets say I never experienced rocking in the night like I did on that ship and I was alone !!! I would wake to find the curtains swinging away from the balcony door , then watch them go back again, I took styrgeron from the minute I boarded continuesly for four days so I wasnt sick , but I gather a lot of people were .

Bobby the cruise director was fantastic ,he does a great job and is always smiling and happy to chat to everyone ,the programme he records with Renato is hilarious even if its not meant to be , Whats in the box , its not a box its a bag, you are doing this on purpose says Renato will stay with me forever , they are a great double act , and I told them so several times they are doing a fantastic job .

The shows were very good except for one , humour re being beaten as a child was not acceptable to many some even left the theatre , so that was unfortunate .

All of the ports were good and we enjoyed great weather too apart from the odd soaking in St Thomas ,

Disembarking was a bit drawn out too , I waitied till later as my flight was not till the afternoon, but the whole process was quite slow .

The ships cleaniless, the staffs attitudes ,and the hilarious Captain who told a joke most days were all a pleasure ,but then I am loyal to Royal so I cant compare , but it was a thoroughly enjoyable cruise

Icantthinkofone's Full Rating Summary