3. Quantum of the Seas
We were so excited to be the first on this Maiden Voyage on Quantum of the Seas. We were so excited about this long waited trip. We booked one balcony and one inside virtual cabin they are on same deck only 10 cabins away so we could take turn to take care of our 84 years old mom and 80 years old aunt. On embankment day I checked online again, everything was set, same cabins, nothing changed. We took the National express bus from London to Southampton, it was such a fun trip with stunning fall foliage views of the country side south of London. As the bus turned to the last stop at Southampton the driver pointed to us the Quantum of the Seas ship sitting at the port. Everyone on the bus were QT cruisers so we all yelled out loud "she is a beauty". Check in was such a mess. Many people already talked about it so let me move on. When we got to our cabins, the balcony was okay with cards in the envelope and wrist band found on the table. My brother and I went to the second cabin and found out someone already in there. We went down stair to customer service waited in a long line then after 1/2 hour wait we talked to someone. She told us that our cabin were moved to different deck. I was disappointed since I need to be close to my mom but they said nothing they could do. We went to the new cabin (deck 10 front ship while my mom cabin was deck 8 back ship), found no card. So we went back to service desk again, waited for 45 mins (the line kept getting longer) then the lady made new key for us. I raised my concern about our bags as they were al tagged with old cabin number, she assured me that "your bags will arrive at the new cabin, trust me". Well, it was not the case. The bags went to old cabin. It was not a good start but we tried to put it behind us. The ship is beautiful, elegant, spacious. I love the artworks. The lunch buffet was excellent with so many choices. The drill was messy as we gathered at one restaurants like a sardines in a can and we actually didn't see much of the demonstration. Our first dining was at the silk, it was okay, some good some bad depends on personal taste. But I found the menu is very limited. Mama Mia was a first grade show. it was so good. Starwater was also good but it was not nearly as good as blue planet from Allure of the Seas. The most talk about 270 is just okay to me. Although all the computerized, robotic visual effect is stunning, I believe they all were overdone to the point that I don't appreciate the beauty of it anymore. They were unreal to me. second and third days the seas were rough. One night I walked around the ship and it was so empty. I guessed many people stayed in their cabins struggling with the seasick? Fortunately, the weather were much better the following days. The energy was back on with full of activities. In general, there are good and not so good but I understand that problems for the very first trip is unavoidable. Overall it was a good trip, not as good as I expected. I would grade it a B may be B plus. I love the artworks, don't care about the robot bartender, the Ipad check in at embarkment and at customer desk. The 270 has too much technology which I found too mechanical and lack of soul. The service, depending on which one was good and bad. Our rom service guys were excellent. Most staffs were friendly and they tried their best to provide good service. They always smiled to you, asked you how were your days even we just walked by them or saw them in the hall way, so that is a big plus. EXCEPT ONE ASIAN GUY (we are all Asians) who worked for the collectible art section close to the 270, he was not friendly to us. We walked by him 3,4 or more times every day and not once he said hello or smiled to us. One time I looked directly to him with a smile and he turned his face away. I asked my brother and he said the same thing. Asian guy was rude to Asians? why? Now last but not least: the dynamic dining, in my opinion is not good. I found that we in fact had lesser choice when you already in the restaurant you choose to dine. I missed the traditional dining with the bond with the dining staffs, the neighbored diners that you see every evening. I would love to go back to Quantum of the Seas only if they bring back the traditional dining. The new dynamic dining is not for me and I HATE IT. I know it is not going to happen so until then so long Quantum of the Seas.

Too much technology, lack of human touch

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by cuulong

Well, it was not the case. The bags went to old cabin.
It was not a good start but we tried to put it behind us.
I know it is not going to happen so until then so long Quantum of the Seas.

cuulong’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

the cabin is spacious and well designed. The bathroom is the biggest I have ever seen.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans