3. Viking Var
First things first... I'm saving my pennies as quickly as possible to take another of Viking's River Cruises. So how much do you think we liked it? We didn't. We LOVED it!!! I am home-sick for the Viking Var! I cannot think of a single negative about this cruise. Everything was exceptional. My husband would say the negatives were the small shower and the poor internet access (he was dying to see a couple of football games in the middle of the night). So the shower was small but the large cruise ships we've been on the showers were so much smaller. Embarkation was extremely easy and quick and our rooms were available much earlier than we were lead to believe they would be. The cabin was very well laid out but definitely seemed smaller than the photos we'd seen. If I were to change anything about the cabin it would be the addition of another drawer or two. LOVED the 24 hr coffee/latte/espresso machines and the treats. The ship was absolutely beautiful and so very comfortable. We enjoyed the food very much and we indulged too much on quite a few evenings. The service on-board was exceptional. When we left we felt like we were leaving family behind. Our Cruise Director was awesome. So genuinely hilarious and clever. He was a definite highlight! The on-board entertainment left something to be desired but it didn't bother us at all. We were just having a wonderful time. We both got a little tired of cathedrals every place we went but they were gorgeous and historic. The shore excursions were so well done. All of the tour guides were so much better than we had expected (with the exception of the tour guide in Switzerland). We added the post-cruise trip to Lake Geneva. We were disappointed in the Geneva tour and felt it was wasted money and time. We were bored. Next time we would stay in Montreux (which is where our beautiful hotel was) and enjoy the scenery which was magnificent.

Had the Time of Our Lives!

Viking Var Cruise Review by finallyretired2013