3. Viking Spirit (Retired)
My wife, her 3 sisters, and mother had been on 3 previous Viking River Cruises and loved them all. Despite being a Francophile and loving French cuisine and French music, I had never been to France. This was our honeymoon. When we landed at de Gaulle, we were met by a very courteous Viking representative who accompanied us to and with our transport to the ship. On the ship, we were quickly shown our cabin, which, to my surprise, was quite spacious. My wife had thought that I, being 6'2" would feel cramped. Quite the contrary, I thought the room was just what was needed for this cruise: comfortable with just the right amenities. The crew on the Viking Spirit were extremely friendly, helpful, and courteous. The food on board was wonderful and there was always something for every taste. I should give particular kudos to our Program Director, Sylvie, our concierge, Anna Maria, and our Matre d' (whose name, sadly, I cannot remember). Sylvie was just the right combination of expertise, humor, and deep love of her country, which helped everyone enjoy the cruise that much more. At the completion of the cruise, we extended our stay in Paris for three days, helped by Viking's representatives there. That stay, too, was wonderful. In all our time in France, the food was fabulous, the people were warm and friendly, and the whole experience left me wanting more, which we will have next July when we do the Portraits of Southern France Cruise.

Best Vacation of My Life

Viking Spirit (Retired) Cruise Review by DaveStanard

• Sail Date: July 2014
  • Destination: France
DaveStanard’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Spirit (Retired) price drops

Cabin was spacious and comfortable with just the right amount of amenities. Service staff were helpful and attentive. Bed was very comfortable.
  Viking Spirit (Retired) Deck Plans