• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2014
Cabin: Deluxe Suite

Review of the Lisbon to Miami cruise on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner October 13 2014 to November 3 2014. This review will cover only the time spent on board the ship and will not discuss the pre travel arrangements organized by Regent and is a separate issue.

I booked this cruise early (about a year) because I wanted to be part of the Larry Cohen Bridge program which was limited to 62 passengers. I have traveled on the Mariner before so I was familiar with the Regent experience.

I was booked in cabin 774 on deck 7 which is category H Deluxe Veranda suite. The Mariner is an all-suite ship and the total square footage and location on the ship are the differences that make the stateroom more expense and are in the higher categories. H is the lowest category. My location was about 5 cabins from the rear (stern) of the ship on the port side. The Mariner was refurbished in April 2014 and I found the ship very clean and shiny. I was not thrilled with all the wall art (although some of the large pieces were excellent) but that is a personal judgment (I’m not a sophisticated judge of art).

Deluxe Suite