3. Freedom of the Seas
This was one of the enjoyable vacations that I've had in a while On this 7 night cruise, I experienced as much as possible that Freedom of the Seas had to offer. The first few days it was raining, so any outdoor activities were out of the question. However there was plenty of other things to do. I winded up taking the SCUBA certification course. So on the first cruise day, when it was raining, I was in the classroom studying for the course. The passengers were quiet. A lot of seniors and European. So the Sports deck was relatively quiet. When it wasn't raining, i was able to do some Rock Climbing. They don't have any rating system, just easy, medium, hard, very hard. I'm an experienced climber, so I tried the hardest they have, and it was challenging. Like high 5.10 to 5.11. Cool wall. I should've spent more time on the Flowrider. It's a lot harder than it looks. I tried it once and fell flat. I couldn't go on it again due to time constraints The Ice rink was small, but it reminded me of custom ice rinks i see in shopping malls or citywalk. It was enjoyable skating on the seas For dining, I enjoyed the Staff in the buffet better than the main dining room. Maybe it was because i used the My Time Dining, I got the same table with the same staff 6 nights in a row. i skipped one formal night because i wanted to try out the dinner buffet. FYI. Some of the food I see in the main dining room was in the buffet. The fitness staff was very friendly. Julian, the boxing instructor, really worked me out. A must take. I loved the steam room and sauna. Here's a tip. If you want a more roomier shower, take a shower at the gym. The workout equipment was basic. Better than a hotel gym, but about par with like a 24 hour fitness gym. The staff was really friendly. My drive instructor/shore excursion person Laura was very helpful. Taylor Taylor, the acupuncturist was also really friendly. The captain also had a funny sense of humor too. The mojitos at Bolderos was awesome. A must if you want to try. The pizza at Sorrentos was OK. nothing to die for, but a great snack between lunch and dinner. The pool was cold. I did a practice dive there, and it was cold. Was shivering. so it's a great lap pool. The shows were good. Not Excellent, but good and enjoyable. I saw the Marquee and it was like a very good high school/college production. You have to see the ice show. surprising how they can do all that on a cruise ship. I noticed that the entertainers did double duties. the singers were on the parties and intimate small bar concerts. the ice skaters were entertainers in the parades and taking care of the open ice skating. Overall, they said the ship was sold out, but it didn't seem very crowded at all. I would like to go on again.

An Enjoyable Vacation Experience

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by sogy

The mojitos at Bolderos was awesome. A must if you want to try.
sogy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

My room was as expected. It was an interior Stateroom, so I didn't have that much expectations. It was small, but livable. There was a couch and TV. Sometimes the interactive menu on the TV didn't work.I was in the front part of the ship (bow). I felt a little rocking, but at least there wasn't any vibration from the engine. My stateroom was relativity quiet. away from the Promenade, so I didn't hear that much news.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

• Tulum
    I originally wanted to do the Coba tour but it got cancelled, so the next best thing was Tulum express excursion.First of all, Tulum is on Playa Del Carmen. So you need a 45-60 minute ferry ride to mainland Mexico, and 45-60 minute bus ride to Tulum. At least our bus guide "Carlos" made it an interesting and informative ride.At Tulum, it was hot and humid, and not wind. So it was quite hot. I think we spent an hour, at Tulum. We didn't spend that much time at the ruin. it was quite small. I think was extended the time was our tour guide Diego made it quite educational.Afterwards we spent a an hour in Playa Del Carmen shopping center. waiting to gather all the other buses to come back from tulum so we can get the ferry back to Cozumel.I didn't' know at the time, on board time was 5:30. however our ferry didn't come back til like 6. it was quite a sight see all these officers waiting outside the ship waiting for us 200 tourist to get back on the ship.Overall, Tulum was smaller than expected, and we didn't spend much time. I expected a more adventurous experience , but it out to be more of an educational school field trip.
  • Dunn's River Falls
    I hear from everyone that this is the must do at Falmouth, and I do agree. We started from the beach and climbed up the falls 1000 feet. You definitely need water shoes. the water was cold, but that's what made it more interesting.One thing I didn't expect was how crowded the falls were. Its like traffic on the 405. I'm surprised that no one got hurt. It was great to do it once.The vendors exiting the duns falls were also pushyTravel time is about 1 hour each way
    View All 220 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
  • Swim With Dolphins
    It was an educational, interactive, up close experience with our dolphin, Beta. We were in the water with Beta, got to touch her, interact with her, kiss her, and swim with her.Oh it was a lifetime experience. I really didn't mind spending extra on photos.
    View All 38 Swim With Dolphins Reviews
  • Sea Trek
    This excursion begins a on the ship and ended in the grand cayman.on Day 1, I signed up for the PADI SCUBA diver certification. Since it was quiet cruise, I was the only student. So I spent all night reading the manual. I didn't mind reading because it was raining outside, the ship was rocking, so I had nothing else better to do.On Day 2, I took the classroom portion. Since it was just me, i just wanted 3 videos and took 3 tests. I was in at 1 pm , and left at 4:30 pm. Maybe it was 3 hours of my vacation gone, but since it was raining, i didn't miss much.On day 4, I did the pool exercise at 7am.. Oh gosh the Pool was cold and I couldn't breathe correctly. After switching wet suits and warming up a bit, I was able to do the exercise. but I ended early cause i was cold. I finished up the exercises later on, around 6pm. water was much warmer. Thanks Laura for sticking with meon day 5, we were the first people off the Ship being tendered to shore. We went in Don Fosters dive shop to do the open water dive. The water was perfect and the sights under water was amazing. bright fishes and so close to shore. We also another student that did the tests course and pool dives before coming on board, but needed to do the open water dives to get the certificate. so i have another dive buddy Overall. the best experience learning to dive. Everything you needed was all aboard. and the dive was just a tender away. You might spend 6 -9 hours of your vacation, but it was time well spent. you might want to do the course before coming, to save a time. overall great experience
  • Labadee
    Royal Caribbean private Island (peninsula) was quite relaxing. I didn't have enough money from all the other shore excursion, i thought i'd just hangoutt by my own without any excursion.It's quite enjoyable. The water was warm and lunch buffet was quite tasty. The beach were pristine all i can say is that i perfect inclusive private beach.One thing i disliked was how annoying an pushy the vendors were in the artisan village
    View All 1,818 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews