3. Crown Princess
I have cruised more than 25 times, and by far this was the worst cruise I have experienced. I will however, start the the good. Food in the dining room was very, very good. Service IN THE DINNING ROOM was also very good. Now the the bad. This ship had many NEW crew who had no idea what they were doing. Our cabin steward had way too many rooms to clean, and ours was never thoroughly cleaned. Often the surfaces were left untouched by him and dirty glasses and dishes were not removed. The results of this may have been at least part of the cause of the Noro virus that became prevalent on the ship during the last week of the cruise (My wife and I were unaffected by the virus, thankfully). Buffet food was not labeled properly, tasted generic, and severely lacking variety. After trying the Buffet a few times we resorted to room service, which had a limited menu, but the food was of a much higher quality and tasted very good. Also forget the grill at the pool.....food always tasted burnt....they never cleaned the grill regularly so everything had burt food stuck to it. Lines, lines everywhere.....way too many people for the services available. Disorganization everywhere. Front desk always gave you a smile and did nothing....only way we got results was to seek out an officer and explain the problem, and mention the front desk was already contacted with no results. Internet....I totally understand about SLOW internet....for the first week it worked as normal ... slow ...but eventually you got your e mail downloaded or got into the website needed and finished business....Then after we left Hawaii things went downhill fast.....for the last 7 days of the cruise, I was NEVER able to get in websites, usually took 20 + minutes to download a couple of e mails if at all. We left the ship giving up about 500 minutes that were useless.....Not cheap either. The gym had very limited equipment, with the exception of treadmills....lots of them, but half you could not use before 9 AM....it would disturb the cabins below.....the wait time for some of the equipment was as much as 40 minutes, and of course depended on how many were lined up and waiting. The other issue was there were no sign up sheets, so there were often problems with who was waiting first etc...we finally went to the head officer in charge of the dept. and explained the problem and a sign up sheet was finally implemented. Of course that did not change the wait times but did eliminate the discourse at the gym. That took about 10 days. Also the Gym does not open until 7:00 AM So it is our opinion that Princess cruise lines perhaps does not have it together enough, so we will look elsewhere for cruise deals.

Worst cruise ever

Crown Princess Cruise Review by costajaime

• Sail Date: October 2014
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony
Now the the bad.
Lines, lines everywhere.....way too many people for the services available.

costajaime’s Full Rating Summary