3. Quantum of the Seas
From WOW - The build-up - to UGH - The reality, starting off with the problems of online booking for dining etc and the horrific check-in at Southampton - to WOW - Entertainment incl Mama Mia, the iFly and North Star - to UGH - the problems inc lack of response from the Guest Relations (the door between the balconies - the door was repaired (so it could be locked and stop slamming all the time) - after 4 visits and 1 phone call on day 5! - no sugar free ice cream. The list goes on and on. The final straw was that we had booked the Manhattan Tour with airport drop off and when we received the tickets the enclosed letter informed us that if we wanted to do that tour we would have to carry our own luggage off the ship at 7.30am. After checking this 'advice' was confirmed by the Shore Excursions Manager as well as the Hotel Director. After having been away from home for 10 weeks and my wife recovering from spinal surgery that was not an option. A phone call from the Shore Excursions Manager told me to carry our own luggage or cancel the transfer! We cancelled the transfer. This was the most frustrating cruise I have ever been on and the first and only time I have looked forward to disembarking from a cruise ship. This is not the first Maiden Voyage that we have sailed on - the last one was very smooth and well organized. While technology is fine (when it works) I do hope the RCCL will bring back the concept of looking after their passengers on the Quantum of the Seas and not leave everything to the WOW factor of technology.

Quantum leap - but in which direction?

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by Keithhi

The list goes on and on.
Keithhi’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

I have mentioned the balcony door problem.The shower was a good size and of course, being new, everything worked well.Nice cabin except that it was a square cabin without the three seater lounge like in the oblong cabins.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans