3. Splendour of the Seas
We just went on a cruise to the Greek Islands as well as Montenegro and an added bonus of Croatia. We arrived in Venice, Italy one day before the cruise & stayed at the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal (arranged through Royal Caribbean). The hotel was definitely a 4 star hotel with fabulous views of the Grand Canal. Upon arrival our rooms were not ready so the concierge suggested we take a tour of the Murano Glass Factory. Once we arrived we were given a private tour of the factory as well as the "museum" and were able to see how the glass is made. If you are ever in Venice this is definitely worth the trip. Upon completion of the tour we did the "usual tourist stops" in Venice & had lunch & dinner in St. Mark's Square. Venice is definitely a beautiful city & worth a visit in your lifetime. The following morning we were met by a RCCL representative & she had a water taxi ready to take us directly to the ship. Check in could not have been easier as we were upgraded from a Junior Suite to a Grand Suite the day before we left & we were onboard & having lunch within 20 minutes start to finish. The Splendour is a very beautiful, yet small ship. She was updated a few years ago so you can see small touches of her updates (new speciality restaurants, digital signage, etc). We had a set dinnertime & the waitress & assistant waiter could not have been better. Unfortunately as far as the Windjammer Café for breakfast & lunch I was a bit disappointed as the food was a bit bland & at times cold (I am not one that likes to complain but felt that this is an area that RCCL can improve on). In addition, the entertainment was hit or miss (not sure if since this is an older ship the singers & dancers are not the "top notch" of the line). With the revitalization of the ship aerial shows have been added a couple of nights in the Centrum (this is definitely something to see as it is different than the theatre shows). Since we had the Grand Suite we were given access to the Concierge Lounge. The Congiere (Mahmoud) is definitely an asset to RCCL & any problems or concerns we had were addressed right away. Mahmoud was able to schedule us having dinner with the Captain one night in the main restaurant as well as a Bridge Tour the last day of the cruise (both added bonuses). Another shout out was Jardel Garcia (Senior Guest Services Officer). At the beginning of the cruise I was having issues with my room key being de-magnetized the first 3-4 days & finally he was able to send somebody to re-program our door & all was resolved. Jardel was always on top of us having a good time & anytime we walked by Guest Services he was waving & making sure all was okay. Embarkation could not have been easier. Since we had pre-arranged flights & transfers to the Marco Polo Hotel through RCCL we were off the ship by 7:30 AM & the airport by 9AM. In summary, I had Greek on my bucket list & was finally able to live one of my dreams by visiting the Greek islands. All in all, this was a fabulous cruise with an added bonus of being able to go to Dubrovnik, Croatia. I ill definitely sail with RCCL (I am a Diamond with RCCL) & have been spoiled in a Grand Suite.

Fabulous Greek Islands Cruise with added bonus

usateg’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS 8516
I had originally booked Cabin 8080 (Aft cabin) but as I stated earlier I was upgraded to a Grand Suite the day before I left. Boy were we happy. The cabin was huge with plenty of closet space, the balcony was big enough to have a table & 2 chairs & could have had a couple of lounge chairs. The bathroom had a double vanity & huge shower. The only downside of the balcony was that many times during the day you could hear individuals above you moving chairs or walking through the Windjammer Café. If you do not like this noise then definitely do not book a cabin below the Windjammer Café (Deck 8)
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Acropolis
    We did a tour of the Acropolis as well as the New Acropolis Museum. You cannot imagine just how awesome & huge the Acropolis & Parthenon are until you are standing on the hill. The New Acropolis Museum is full of history & very interesting. The museum is built directly above ruins whereas you can see them as the floors are glass.
    View All 350 Acropolis Reviews
  • Walking Tour
    As I stated earlier Dubrovnik was an added bonus being as Argostoli Greece was cancelled. I had not researched this port so was not sure what to expect. Boy we were surprised. The Old Town of Dubrovnik is surrounded by a city wall & you are not expecting such a quaint & beautiful city walking through the walls. We were very impressed with the history of this old town & would definitely like to go back & spend more time. Unfortunately we were only there for a few hours since we had to get back to Venice to disembark the next day
    View All 62 Walking Tour Reviews
  • Island of Delos
    Mykonos was definitely one of my favorite islands & this is what I was expecting Greece to look like. It is a small island with whitewashed buildings (some with a slight color). Went to the Island of Delos & was taken aback by the ruins & just how big the area was. Had a wonderful lunch overlooking the sea & would definitely love to go back to Mykonos for a stay.
    View All 93 Island of Delos Reviews