3. Norwegian Jade
We chose to do a cruise at the last minute as our son was studying the Romans and we wanted him to see the historical sites but also have fun and keep his 3 year old little sister entertained. Firstly that was very easy to accomplish as the staff in the kids club were truly excellent and I wouldnt ever hesitate to recommend a cruise on the Jade to any family with kids. Particularly, having never cruised before, I was concerned how two young kids would be entertained. I neednt have worried, they didnt want to know us the whole week! The food was excellent and plentiful, we did get the ultimate dining package and this was well worth it. The kids loved going for Teppanyaki and Hubby and I had 4 wonderful dinners in peace :-). Its worth noting that we did not use the ships transportation in any port, we did it all ourselves and we had no problem doing so. The shore excursions are very expensive, we were never once pushed to use the ships arrangements, which we appreciated. Getting to the port was no problem using public transport. Signage was quite poor in Venice, we didnt really know where to go and we didnt see any NCL staff in the port area to ask. Cabin was small for 4 people (inside mid 8069), so we had to avoid spending any time in the cabin, but with so much to do that was never a problem. Entertainment was good, particularly Tenors of Rock who got a standing ovation and rightly so. Disembarkation was a little hectic for us, but again that was down to us doing our own thing and using public transport. Having gone into cruising with little time and plenty of apprehention I can honestly say I truly enjoyed the experience and we will certainly cruise again. I wouldnt hesitate to rebook with NCL either. As a side note, I joined the forum on here and used the roll call, including joining in with the meet and greet. It made our one sea day brilliant and really did add to the holiday so I recommend that too!

First time cruisers with a young family

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by HellyDonandkids

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Jade price drops

Mid-Ship Inside
Cabin IB 8069
Small for 4 people but functional enough. We couldnt spend any time in the room other than to sleep and wash as it was too small to even eat in but with so much going on throughout the ship this didnt bother us. The kids were happy enough on the pull down and roll out bed. Our bed was plenty comfortable enough and although the bathroom was small for my Husband it had all that was needed and the shower was hot and well pressured.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins