3. Quantum of the Seas
QUANTUM is EPIC FAILURE—2½ STARS!!! This is my 5th transatlantic cruise, out of 15 cruises and my second maiden transatlantic, from this route. This ship has many similarities with my maiden voyage with the NCL Epic (2-Star vessel/voyage). In short this ship is much more an NCL vessel than a ship within the RCCL fleet. This ship is a complete disgrace and not representative in any way, shape, or form; with any Royal vessel in existence. Below is a list of key areas to consider, followed by a summary of my experience. The ship seems cheaply built inside, while costing a staggering 6.5 billion Dollars. There is no similarity in the few public rooms, with any other spaces, throughout the fleet. There is no Ben & Jerry’s (or any other) ice cream offered on the ship. There is no central meeting place, as is there is no Centrum or true Royal Promenade, as seen on other RCCL vessels. The technology aboard the ship is a complete failure, as are the many “enhancements”. The Bionic Bar, is a complete failure, which many NEVER work, due to its design. The bumper cars, have very limited hours, which are during dinner hours, odd??? All dining is not equal to the quality offered fleet-wide!!!! There are significant room service surcharges, on items which are free on other RCCL ships. The 3½-4 hour dinner at Wonderland, is excessive due to the poor service! The service at The Grand, was the worst of the 4 free venues. The Silk & Chic had the most mediocre meals onboard. There are no items in the “Royal Cookbook” offered on this vessel. The dining at “the Pub” is nothing impressive and should be free, for what is offered. The drink prices aboard are outrageous!!! The two hour boarding process is the second worst (1st being NCL Epic, Maiden Voyage) I have done and their new boarding process is pathetic! The employees & managers are poorly trained and not well motivated. My cabin attendant was the worst I have had, on any cruise: refusing to change sheets, then making my bed without sheets??? Very poor service throughout, dining had constantly the worst service I have experienced, on ANY RCCL ship and generally equal to that of, the NCL Epic. The internet offered did not work and my never, due to its complexities. Very boring crossing, with no lectures, cooking demonstrations, tier level tours: just noting but complete rest and boredom. A 15% gratuity on a prepackaged 8 piece French Macaroons; let me to refuse the sail and never to return to the retail store again. The stupid manager, tried to argue that, “retail purchases, count as bar purchases, thus are subject to mandatory 15% gratuity”. What a load of crap!!!! There is now WOW factor, other than corporate propaganda and lies told to the public. This ship is a complete betrayal of the proud history of the line and its loyal passengers! Parts of the ship, such as the steel elevator deck are ugly as are the bizarre pictures in the elevators themselves. The Purple Polar Bear does not belong on a RCCL vessel. The Guest Services, Port Excursions, and Future Cruises rooms were the worst laid out spaces, I have seen, in all my time cruising!!! The position of the outdoor TV screen is complexly misplaced and thus unusable. There were NO onboard Ship-Wide Maiden Voyage Parties and the High Level Executives, were hidden from the passengers. NO grad buffets, dances, or anything based on this special occasion. On a bright side, the cabins are the most, well designed on any Royal ship. The bathrooms are outstanding, as are the large flat screen TVs in the cabins. I will never set forth on the Quantum/Epic again and am seriously reconsidering my loyalty to Royal. It was my first Diamond cruise and now I will start to explore other lines such as, Cunard & Holland America Line. These lines both respect tradition, but also serve to protect it, as well. They respect their loyal passengers and are not in the process of changing their line; to suit a younger land based, travel demographic. As such I am deeply concerned with the direction of the company and if I was a stockholder, I would sell my shares. I feel cheated, as this is not the product that I purchased, 1½ years ago; when I put my deposit on what I thought, would be a true RCCL ship. We were lied to, as the 1150 Diamond/above who were on this ship: as this was not the experience we were promised (based on the lines past reputation/ships/onboard experience.) If I wanted to fly Southwest/Spirit I would fly them: if I wanted NCL and it’s “freestyle Cruising” and type of ships, I would book them. I sadly chose Royal and got someone else’s poor product in return. We in essence paid to be on a training cruise, while others (travel agents on free cruises) continue to pretend that the ship, its staff, & operation, are acceptable??? The paid shills on this board, including those who submit fake reviews, should be shown for what they are. This sad experience was nothing more than a 2½ Star experience at best: it is a sad departure, for a once truly innovative & promising Cruise Line!!!

QUANTUM is EPIC FAILURE—2½ STARS!!!

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by gkbiiii

QUANTUM is EPIC FAILURE—2½ STARS!!!
There is no Ben & Jerry’s (or any other) ice cream offered on the ship.
The bumper cars, have very limited hours, which are during dinner hours, odd???
All dining is not equal to the quality offered fleet-wide!!!!
The 3½-4 hour dinner at Wonderland, is excessive due to the poor service!
The service at The Grand, was the worst of the 4 free venues.
The Silk & Chic had the most mediocre meals onboard.
There are no items in the “Royal Cookbook” offered on this vessel.
The drink prices aboard are outrageous!!!
The employees & managers are poorly trained and not well motivated.
The internet offered did not work and my never, due to its complexities.
The Purple Polar Bear does not belong on a RCCL vessel.
The position of the outdoor TV screen is complexly misplaced and thus unusable.

gkbiiii’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

The best balcony cabins in the RCCL fleet: great bathrooms & large flat screen TVs to match!!
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans