3. Emerald Star
I embarked at Nuremburg.  I have been on several river cruises prior to booking with Emerald, with a few different cruise companies and have never had a problem. I thought it was time to try a new company as i had heard they had brand new ships. The pictures looked fantastic, so i decided to give it a go. When i arrived the reception area was spotless, i was greeted by a member of the crew, who showed me to my cabin & he also carried mine and my wifes case. I had booked a category E stateroom, which within 2-3 seconds, had exceeded expectations. Everything was so sleek. We decided to take a walk to the lounge, which was equally as impressive, we knew from then on that this could be extra special. We cannot fault anything, the excursions (which are all included in the price) were faultless, the Tour Director's port talks the evening before were exceptional. I need to mention the tour guides, for their professionalism during the tours, with the endless information they were feeding us. The food was delicious. All of the crew were on the same page, and could not do any more for you, constantly replenishing our glasses of wine if we wished. The breakfast and lunch was always buffet-style but was never a sense of panic or rush when the restaurant reached peak time, the Reflection's restaurant is very spacious. To summarise, it was the most fantastic river cruise me and my wife have ever been on start to finish, and we are already planning a River Rhine cruise with Emerald Waterways next year.

Fantastic cruise with Emerald Waterways

Emerald Star Cruise Review by Cruising1950

Cruising1950’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Star price drops

My first thought of the cabin was the size, it seemed much larger than expected. The window's were larger too, and i was able to look out of them. The mattress was too comfy, i wish i could of taken it home. All in all i couldn't fault anything in the cabin, it was everything i expected and more.