3. Navigator of the Seas
Let me just start off by saying that this was one of the best vacations that we have ever taken. We started off at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale and met a Royal Caribbean rep. to get us on our transfer to Miami. One of the nicest men we have ever met. VERY well organized also. We got down to the port in Miami and we saw a loooong line. We thought "here we go" but surprising, the line moved VERY quickly downstairs (showing our passports to up to check in) We got up the escalator and again...VERY well organized. I think that we waited on line for a total of maybe 3-4 min tops. The reps placing travelers with a rep at the counter and the reps at the counter were very good. The whole process was extremely quick and we were on the ship in no time. Oh, and about a week prior to the sailing, we were able to get an upgrade to a better class room. (this will come in to play in a bit. There was a purpose for that statement). We went to our room and were very pleased with it. We got upgraded from an interior to an oceanview. It was in the front of the ship on deck 6(There was more room than a usual oceanview). The old room was on deck 8 all the way in the back. One of the only problems (complaints) that we had on this ship were that they did not transfer luggage. They said that it would be all taken care of and it turns out that our luggage was sitting in front of our old room and they did not transfer it. We were VERY late for our first dinner because we had no clothes and had to chase down our bags. This was my wife's first cruise, so she really didn't know what to expect. We went to dinner and were extremely happy with the variety, selection and quality of the food. The dining staff that we had throughout our cruise could not have gotten any better. They were outstanding. The first day was a day at sea. What a way to start a cruise. The cruise goes by so fast and with a day at sea to start makes the cruise seem longer and you really get to know the ship the first day. Especially given the size of it. We went to the spa and had a couples morning there. Very much recommended. Really relaxes you and starts off your week right. And then we just relaxed the rest of the day and enjoyed the ship. Our second day we were in Labadee and what a beautiful island. We did the waiverunner experience and that was so much fun. Highly recommended. We also did some snorkeling but there were no fish to be found. But, the mountains and landscape there was just so beautiful and relaxing. Great private island! The third day we were went to Ocho Rios Jamaica. If we never went back there that would be fine with me. It was on the itinerary and we thought that we it would be a great place to see. When we got there the locals were EXTREMELY pushy and VERY, VERY RUDE!!! I am a big guy and did not feel safe there at all. All they did was try and sell you "smoke" (if you know what I mean)and 2 of them even pushed me when I was polite about it and turned them down. The cruise shopping specialists were right though about watches. I found a great dive watch that I always wanted for over half the price as found in the states...so that was a HUGE bonus. The one place that you can go is the shopping area as soon as you get off the ship and through the security gates on the island. There is a Jimmy Buffets and ALOT of shopping. NO LOCALS are allowed in there. Makes for a very pleasant shopping experience. The sales people in all of the shops were also extremely knowledgeable and very nice. Also..very willing to haggle. Day four was Grand Cayman Island. I didn't think that islands got any more beautiful than this until I went to Cozumel but I will get to that next. Grand Cayman was extremely clean, beautiful, nice. The people were very nice there. Not a single worry. You could have walked the streets at 3am in the morning and felt very safe. We cannot wait to go back there again. We did the submarine excursion and that was really cool. Saw lots of fish. The guides in the submarine were very nice and knowledgeable. Had an awesome day here. Didn't want to leave. Day five was Cozumel, Mexico. We were very skeptical about this island because of stories that you hear and pictures that you see of Mexico. Quite the contrary....this was the most beautiful islands that we have ever seen. We had so much fun here. The views were amazing, the shopping was good, you can haggle pretty good here to. The locals were extremely nice and courteous. They would ask you to come into their shop and if you said no thank you, they would say thank you and have a nice day. Cannot wait to go back here either. Went back to the ship kicking and screaming. Did not want to leave here. FYI - we found out later on that if you go and listen to a hotel talk about time shares for an hour, you get free transportation all day to and from town, free food and drinks all day at there resort and free beach access across from there resort. No pressure either. We will do that next time. You spend enough on cruise extras that this would be a welcomed thing. Day 6 was a full day at sea again. What a way to end the cruise. Another relaxing day of doing nothing. Did the spa again. They had specials going and we took advantage of them. By the way, we forgot to mention the cabin steward. He was great!!! The room was always immaculate, anything that we asked for was always in there right away. He was great! Even all of the cabin stewards in the hallways were always nice to you and joked around with you. They were not even getting money for a tip from you and they were just so nice. Real pleasant atmosphere to be in. I read in another review of a different ship and this is true....brings LOTS of extra money. Pictures, excursions, spa, bar etc. There is alot included and there is also a bunch not included. On the ship, all of the extras were great. The rock climbing wall, miniature golf, Johnny Rockets, shows, entertainment, spa, gym....the list just keep going on. We knew what we wanted from a ship and that is why we picked the Navigator but there was even more on there than we read about and ever imagined. We cannot wait to go on it again. Everything was TOP NOTCH!!! Bravo Royal Caribbean!! VERY MUCH looking forward to our next cruise with you. Any questions at all, please feel free to contact me. Will be more than happy to help you out with any questions you may have.

Navigator of the Seas - Southern Caribbean