3. Regal Princess
I was looking for a quick getaway for my family and was thrilled when I saw that the new Regal Princess had a 3 night sailing between the Mediterranean and Caribbean itineraries. I traveled with my husband and two kids ages 7 & 9. We have all cruised before many times. This was our 2nd time on Princess, but 1st time out of FLL. Embarkation went fairly quick. Food on the Lido deck was amazing. The different options available were amazing and continued throughout our cruise. When dining at the Horizon you definitely have to walk down all the rows to see what is available first before making a selection. The huge bakery always smelled yummy, but considering the size I didn't find a big enough variety of pastries there. We stayed in cabin A107. I found the cabin a bit small, but then again my last cruise was on the RCCL Oasis. I liked the flat screen on the wall as it didn't take up unnecessary space elsewhere. The balcony wasn't obstructed, but the bridge did block the view to the front. Lots of hanging closet space, but it was open exposing it's contents throughout the ship. Our cabin attendant Henry was wonderful...always knew when we were out to make our room... no fun towel animals for the girls, but always a new chocolate. This particular sailing had a lot of celebrities since it was the first Caribbean voyage out of FLL for Regal Princess and it had just been christened the day before (11/5). The Love Boat cast, Charo, Jeraldine Saunders, Micky Arison and I'm sure more. They were all VERY pleasant when approached throughout the ship and on the island. We were a bit disappointed with not being able to see the Charo show live. The theatre filled up and there wasn't a 2nd performance. We were told to go up to Lido deck to watch on the big screen, but for the first 10 minutes of the show no one bothered to zoom in on Charo so we could barely see her...big screen and all. At some point there was some zooming, but considering how many people were out there to see it, not enough. Many people left the deck frustrated. Better use of all that fabulous technology would have been great. The wedding performed in the Piazza (atrium) was very nice. Love Boat Captain read a blessing. Captain Perrin married them. Hundreds of balloons fell to the ground from above once they were pronounced husband and wife and after the Opera singer. Congratulations to the happy couple! The tender process at Princess Cays wasn't too painful. Our kids stayed in the kids club area most of the time we were there. They enjoyed themselves in the sand, playground and were allowed to enter the small pool if one of the parents was present...there was a lifeguard on duty as well. I would caution parents to take some bug spray for the little ones. All four kids came home with bite marks and we are pretty sure they came from their stay there. We had a 5:30pm dining time which isn't our usual as that is way too early. The first night kitchen service was REALLY slow...most likely because the ship was delayed to leave for some unknown reason. The food and service was wonderful. The 2nd night kitchen service was better, but we also ate at a later time 7:30pm open seating (with the same wait staff)....and the 3rd night we opted for eating on the Lido deck so we wouldn't miss the shows we wanted to see. While we did not make use of the gym, many others did. They seem to offer plenty of machines and a decent sized room for group classes. The ship also had workout stations throughout the walk/running track on deck 18. We didn't get a chance to enjoy the Sanctuary because it was too crowded the few times we went there but the space looked nice. They also had a special area of the Sanctuary that required reservations and an extra charge of $50 per person for half day and $80 per person for the full day. This exclusive section was very nice. It included some open cabanas with flat screen tv's, robes and even sandals to wear. No pool or hot tub from what I recall in this private area...just a shower. There were some closed off sections - not sure if those were massage rooms or saunas/steam rooms as they were not labeled on the outside but we did hear people talking in them. Our kids think cruising = kids club. As much as they like hanging out with parents, kids club is better, and things were no different on this cruise. Pelicans are for ages 3-7, Shockwaves for ages 8-12 and 13-17 in the Remix Lounge. Between the two families traveling together we had 2 in Pelicans and 2 in Shockwaves. Staff is very nice and interacts with children. They do ask that they wash their hands upon entering. Pelicans offer a pager should anything come up. They close for lunch 12-1 and dinner 5-6. They operate until 10pm free of charge with new activities almost every hour. From 10-1am they offer care for just $5 per child per hour. During this time they just hang on the couches and floor and watch movies. They do combine the Pelicans and Shockwaves. On this particular cruise there were only about 100 children...not sure how their numbers will be during the summer on longer cruises and if it will be feasible to combine after 10pm. Both rooms have a lot of books on animals and science which many of the kids enjoy reading. They do ask that you bring a photo id to check out kids, but I was never asked for one. I think they do this should their system not be available at pickup time to swipe the card... Kids camp activities were only provided on the island while at Princess Cays. I read about a kids pool, but never did find it to report about it. The fountains on Lido deck were great, but I guess not meant for kids to play in while on since I only saw them on at night with the lights on and the entrances blocked. Disembarkation was just as smooth. Luggage tags were provided along with the time. Luggage had to be placed outside by 10pm... I have to say, I've never seen luggage disappear from hallways as quickly as I did on this ship. We found out that our luggage was out and ready one hour before expected so we just walked off the ship and started our journey home.

Fantastic 3 night cruise

Ages 7 to 9
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE A107
We stayed in cabin A107. I found the cabin a bit small, but then again my last cruise was on the RCCL Oasis. I liked the flat screen on the wall as it didn't take up unnecessary space elsewhere. The balcony wasn't obstructed, but the bridge did block the view to the front. Lots of hanging closet space, but it was open exposing it's contents throughout the ship.Our cabin attendant Henry was wonderful...always knew when we were out to make our room... no fun towel animals for the girls, but always a new chocolate.We had the room setup with 2 twin beds and two upper bunk beds...I was surprised Henry never asked to combine the two beds...I'm pretty sure they could have been...
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins