3. Carnival Fantasy
On this cruise it was just my husband age 40 and I age 41. We decided to book this trip for our 22nd anniversary. We booked this trip 10 months in advance! I like to plan! However a few kinks were thrown in when I found out 4 weeks prior that I had to have a major surgery, however there was no way we were going to cancel. We drove in the day before and stayed the night at Patriots Points Quality Inn and Suites ($170 for package). We had a park and ride package, so we were able to leave our car at the hotel all week and shuttle to and from the port was provided, this was a great way to go! We got into Charleston much later than planned due to traffic along the way, so we really did not get to do anything that I had planned. We did go into the historic area and walk around and had a lovely late dinner! Then back to the hotel for a good night’s sleep in anticipation of a wonderful week! We got up the next morning; Hubby had a nice breakfast at the hotel (included), then headed out to find a 12 pack of MT Dew this was kind of hard, seems to be a coke area, I recommend just bringing it from home and save yourself the hassle of trying to find a store that has it. After 5 stops the soda was bought and we headed back to the hotel to grab our luggage, check out and then wait in the lobby for the shuttle. The wait was not long, we loaded up, there was maybe 25-30 people on the shuttle (it was full) then off to port! We got first site of the ship crossing over a very large bridge, very cool. Once we got to port we were driven to an area to drop off our luggage at this point we exited the shuttle we were on and walked a very short distance to a new shuttle that took us to the main port area. Here we stood in a line for security for maybe 20 minutes, then into another line, but since we had FTTF we were first in that line so we went straight up to the check in counter. I would say from the time we left the hotel to the time we were in our stateroom was maybe 45 minutes to an hour! Our stateroom was ready and was great (more about this in the appropriate section) We ate in the dining room every night we had any time dining and we both thought the food was great! We ate at the buffet a few times, enjoyed this as well. We also had brunch one day and it was great!! Overall we loved the food! We went to both shows, saw both comedian’s, played some trivia and bingo, listen to some music, had a few drinks, bought a couple of pictures, ate great food and just overall had a wonderful time. The ship was very easy to get around on and just lovely! I know it is the oldest but that took nothing away from our wonderful time! Getting off the ship was no issue at all! Maybe 15 minutes to walk off. We put our bags out the night before so we did not leave first thing. We left the stateroom right at 8. We had a small breakfast then slowly headed off. Once outside we went the way they directed us toward the taxis, found one that took our hotel voucher and was on the road back to our hotel. Less than 15 minutes later we were on the road in our car back to Kentucky. Overall this was a great trip! I would do this again and most likely will do this again. The price was great, the ship was great, and the staff was exceptional. I would defiantly recommend this trip to anyone! I already have another 5 day cruise planned on a sister ship the Elation in April with a couple of first time cruisers, so very excited!

Wonderful, Fantastic Fantasy Cruise

Cricket551’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Fantasy price drops

Interior
Cabin 4I V28
We loved our cabin! There was plenty of room for 2 and im sure you could fit more and still be comfortable! It was in a perfect location!! Everything was on the top few floors that we were interested in doing so with our stateroom also on the top floor it really helped! Where I had recently had surgery I would have had to use the elevator all the time with too many flights of stairs but since we were right there only had to use the elevators in the evenings after walking around all day! Our room steward had ice in our cooler 2 to 3 times a day! Our room was always perfectly cleaned and we loved the towel animals every night!! Loved this location would book this ship and this room or level again!!
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    We had originally planned the ATV adventure, but had to cancel before sailing because I had to have surgery and did not think I would be up to this. SO while on the ship we went to the excursions desk to see if anything looked fun and easy! As this day was our 22nd year anniversary. We decided on a trip on a boat around the island, “unlimited rum included” then a stop in town for shopping. We meet right off the ship and headed into town, the bus was just fine, the driver did fine and the guide was informative. They dropped us off for about an hour and half at the shopping area in town. Then they were to pick us up and head to the boat part (this is why we booked). We waited for about 30 minutes at the designated area. During this time hearing rumors that the boat was broken. Once back on the shuttle our guide did not speak to us at all. We were all taken back to the port and dropped off. Our money was refunded. SO that was fine, I was just sad that we really didn’t get to see or do anything in this port! It was our first time here. But we still enjoyed our self’s! Come to find out the generator broke, stuff happens.
    View All 42 City Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    We had a wonderful time in Nassau!! We really had no plan so got off the ship and walked into port where we were met with lots of people offering us a deal. We said no at first and then meet a guy that we liked what her had to say so booked a tour with him. He offered to drive us to all the sites! This tour lasted about 3 hours. It was my hubby, myself and a father and his 3 adult daughters, so a very personal experience. We went to the rum factory, Queen Staircase, Atlantis, rum cake factory, we saw were Anna Nicole Smith was buried and the hospital her kid was born in (lol this was just due to driving by these areas) we stopped at the beach for a bit, cigar and chocolate factory, we saw a couple of forts, and stopped for the best conch fritters I’ve ever had!! This day was perfect, we got to see and do so much! He only charged us $25 each we did however tip him very well for the great time that we had!
    View All 308 Island Tour Reviews