A great cruise - Ship gets you right into the ports, Antwerp, Amsterdam and Rouen. So if you are used to doing your own thing, you are right in the thick of it, or if a first timer, or prefer the security of doing things with Fred Olsens shore tours, you can do either. Love how on smaller ships you get to know everyone and there is never too much of a wait to get on or off. Braemar is a perfect size to make friends, but big enough to avoid the odd passenger you don't hit it off with. We had some really rough weather, which luckily, does not bother me in the slightest, but unfortunately put some first timers on the boat off sailing again. This is my second cruise with Fred Olsens and I can never praise the staff highly enough - their friendliness is outstanding. I have one comment to make about embarkation, which has happened on every cruise I have been on so far, When boarding everyone is asked to fill out a health questionaire to prevent Noro virus on board (why does everything have to have a label nowadays - what is wrong with good old sickness and diarrhoea) we then all use the pen provided thus passing germs to every single other person who will be on the ship?

Real Sailors Weather!

agathachristiefan’s Full Rating Summary
Get Braemar price drops

Single Inside Cabin
Cabin M 4105
A wee bit tired if I was being fussy, but my cabin is just somewhere to sleep for me and the bed and cabin was clean and comfortable.
  Braemar Deck Plans

• Canal Tour
    Been to Amsterdam a few times before but had never done the very touristy thing of taking a canal boat - so glad I did, worth every red cent.
    View All 264 Canal Tour Reviews
  • Antwerp
    Found it hard to resist the chocolate shops, but the architecture of the town and the railway station especially were fantastic - if that is your thing, and it is mine.
    View All 76 Antwerp Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Antwerp Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    This naturally is what you make of it. I was unlucky, it rained cats and dogs and was the school holidays, so Paris was absolutely a seething mass of humanity, soaked through. However Paris never fails but to enthral me, time and time again - a beautiful city, even in the rain.
    View All 86 City Tour Reviews