3. Emerald Princess
Myself and my wife went on Emerald Princess for our 2nd cruise. (Having previously been on the Crown to Norway in 2013) Embarkation was particularly smooth and trouble free,so that was the start we wanted. The Horizon court was crowded,but always expected in the first few hours of boarding,we like to think we are patient and seats opened up quite quickly. We were informed by the Captain that we were in for a rough first 48hours...he wasn't wrong,gale force winds and gloomy skies followed.... And a touch of sea sickness for many. After the 2nd day,the weather changed,and apart from a freak day in Tenerife (Thunder, lightning, and up to our waists in rain water) it was gloriously warm. The service aboard Emerald Princess was superb.... Our room Steward was fantastic in all ways,going above and beyond a number of times for us. The food will get no complaints either,having eaten in the Horizon court during the day and de-vinci in the evenings. All the staff were exceptional,helpful and always friendly and the food in general beautifully cooked and presented at all times. Contrary to what I have read in previous reviews, I thought the ship itself was in very good condition and was a joy to be aboard. We didn't do any excursions on this cruise,but found plenty of places to go and things to do by foot,with just a little pre-homework and the really informative lectures on each place given prior to visiting. Madeira, Gran Canaria were definately our favourite's, lots to see even without excursions!! The entertainment,we thought was generally good,not all to our taste,but always something for everyone,and all really talented. Talking of entertainment, prior to this cruise I had heard and read a lot of good things on roll calls and similar about the Cruise Director (Kelvin Joy).........I can now understand the rave reviews,Outstanding is one word......to give an idea-The Explorer lounge was packed to breaking point long before the entertainment started,and this was day in,day out.......all the entertainment staff made for a great experience, all friendly,all taking time to speak to everyone on or off duty!! Disembarkation could have been better,but this wasn't down to Princess, more down to people going missing, so staff had to locate them!!! Overall superb cruise,Well done Princess...... We will be back!!!

Princess excels again!!! We will be back!!!

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by c*r*u*I*s*e

The service aboard Emerald Princess was superb....
Overall superb cruise,Well done Princess...... We will be back!!!

c*r*u*I*s*e’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Cabin Aloha 237
Clean,tidy,perfect for us, as all we do is sleep in it!!
  Emerald Princess Deck Plans