• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

britbob
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Oct 2014
Cabin: Promenade Stateroom

Boarding was delayed because of Noro Virus on the previous cruise and long queues were causing some consternation for passengers. Fortunately we were able to bypass these as we are diamond members.

There was continuous cleaning taking place throughout the cruise to try and eliminate further infections and all crew must be praised for the extra work, often unpaid, to eliminate the virus. I have never seen so many sanitising gel stations being used, literally at every food venue, shop and entertainment venue both going in and coming out.

Food in the main restaurant was usually good . We were on a table of 6 and half of us were quite happy with the food while the others were less happy. Service from our two waiters, both from Mauritius was excellent. Beef and steak were good. No lobster now on European cruises, only in the Caribbean?

Promenade Stateroom

Cabin PR

I like the Promenade Staterooms. I think they are slightly larger than other inside cabins and they are not noisy. There is adequate storage and, happily, a kettle was provided in all cabins after the first three days. I believe that this was to take pressure off the room service staff.

Find an Adventure of the Seas Cruise from $162