3. Viking Odin
We recently took the Paris to Prague cruise on the Viking Odin. While the ship and staff were exceptional, I would not recommend this particular itinerary. The cruise had 2 nights in Paris at Le Meridian Hotel. While at the hotel, the only meals included are the buffet breakfast. Day one is the arrival date for most of the passengers and day 2 there is a morning bus tour. Very early on day 3 you leave Paris by bus and travel to the ship with a tour of Luxemburg along the way. During the 8 days on the ship, you are taken on a bus tour in the port and then taken by bus to the next port where the ship is docked. You are unable to cruise the river on the ship because if you do, you can't visit the port. I would have like the ship to stay docked at each port so I could visit the cities while we were there and cruise with the ship. This was the case in the town of Bamberg. We arrived in Bamberg and were docked in at an industrial dock (not pretty at all) and were unable to walk into the town. If you did not take the bus tour, again, you did not see the city. The following morning we were again put on a bus and went to Nuremberg for a tour. From there we went by bus to Prague and arrived in Prague around 5 PM. It was a long, long day on a bus. The next morning there was a bus tour of Prague and we had the afternoon to wander in the city. The hotel was quite a distance from the city center, so you needed to find your own transportation back to the hotel. Both hotels booked by Viking were business hotels and not very well located for touring. I would take another river cruise, however, I would make sure it was a river cruise, not a bus trip.

Great shipboard experience - but too much like a bus tour.

Viking Odin Cruise Review by yvonne9

yvonne9’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Odin price drops

The Viking ship was beautiful, the meals very good and the staff and atmosphere outstanding. Their overall attention to detail made it very special.
  Viking Odin Deck Plans