Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Alnursu

• Sail Date: Sep 2014
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

We booked this cruise a year before and longed for it to come oh we're we to be disappointed.

Good:

Smooth and very fast

Radiance is as beautiful as I remember her ( have sailed twice on her before)

Stayed in cabin 9000 good cabin, james our steward was great and looked after all our needs.

Diamond lounge, Mary our bar attendant was wonderful and looked after us so well, the other guy there (don't even know his name) was anything but pleasant and infact ignored us for most of the cruise.

Dinning room staff wonderful food was so so and was very hit and miss.

Bad

Entertainment on this ship was extremely poor, the cruise director was invisible and infact I think I saw him twice on the 18 days we were on board. We had a total on 12 days at sea on this cruise and boy I have never wanted so much to get off a ship as I did this one boring was the understatement. Entertainment staff poor and shows were awful. Movies on the big screen were repeated on a rotation basis so on 18 nights I think I saw the same movies 3 times. Sad that watching movies was the highlight of the evening.

Centrum singers repeated the same sets of songs night after night after night

I have never been so disappointed on a cruise as I did on this one royal needs to step up there game, people were bored and I have never heard so many people complaining about the lack of entertainment.

Ports were great but very few and I think royal could have sped up the shop and did less days at sea and more ports.

Overall radiance is still a beautiful ship but I would never recommend this cruise to anyone.

Alnursu's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E2 9000

Quiet cabin can be a bit far to walk if you have trouble with mobility

Alnursu