3. MSC Divina
We were a group of 17 of various ages, some in their 20's and others in the 70's. In the group there were 4 that had sailed MSC before but for everyone else (including myself) it was the first MSC cruise. The embarkation went smooth. We arrived around noon and after check-in proceeded to the Ship. Our room steward (Stone) introduced himself on the first day, I requested ice in our stateroom and he always stocked with fresh ice. DINING: Was not expecting much (since I read so many bad reviews regarding the food), but to us, it was very good and either equal or better than other cruise lines. Breakfast was about the same every day but again similar to other cruise lines. There is no station where you can order an omelette but they have trays with various omelettes and fried eggs. Lunch was much better, the pizza is hand tossed and they take pride in making it well and good, similar to what you get at a good pizzeria. Good variety for lunch and dinner buffet, I even had Octopus stew on one day for lunch and it was great. Lots of great Italian cheese and prosciutto. Besides the Pizza, the Coffee is also better then other cruise lines. They serve Segafredo coffee and I found that even the free coffee at the Buffet is very good. TIP - The Lunch buffet serves different food in different areas, make sure you walk around. Also, the back of the ship is easier to get a table. ACTIVITIES and ENTERTAINMENT The shows were all excellent, although I have seen a better Michael Jackson tribute show on NCL Epic, I have to say they did a great job. I'm not into Opera but still enjoyed it, especially the talent of the singers. There were the typical activities such as Karaoke and White party that were very good and the entertainment staff did an excellent job. This is one area where the 5 younger passengers (in their 20's) felt MSC is behind. There was no Comedy shows and lacked on some entertainment for the younger crowd. There is no bar service in the Theater but I actually prefer it that way. Never a problem getting a good seat at the Theater. SERVICE Overall the service was good but could improve in a few areas. The Dinning room staff was very good, although some waiters were more friendly then others but that is common on other cruise lines also. Our room steward was very responsive, always ready to help. An area that could improve was bar service in the dinning room. It was almost impossible to get a cocktail or order a glass of wine. As far as the beverage service, this is an area where MSC could improve for the American market. I was born and raised in Europe and I know that the service is acceptable for Europeans but Americans expect more. On other cruise lines you can't go past the pool deck without a server asking if you want a drink but not so on this MSC cruise, I had to walk to the bar and wait in line. I believe the bar is under staffed and more servers needed on the pool deck. There is a nice international feel on the ship with many languages being spoken by passengers everywhere, I find it amusing but there are some cultural differences - for example the 2 Italian ladies on the buffet line, they were having a loud "long distance" conversation over everyone else, which is somewhat rude to speak over people like that, nevertheless I was on vacation, found it entertaining and just had to laugh. In contrast with other Cruises I have been on out of American ports, I believe that on this cruise 80% of the passengers were not American, but mostly European, again it does feel different but many of us like the experience. If you like to go around and chat to people on the ship you may encounter some that only speak Italian or French (.. or so they say). It was interesting to hear Italian songs during Karaoke. I never had a problem with the ship staff understanding English, so no problem there. The overall conclusion was positive. Despite the bad reviews, this is a great ship with good service, food and entertainment. It's an awesome value when compared to other cruise lines.

A Divine and Pleasant Surprise

MSC Divina Cruise Review by tony007

DINING:
ACTIVITIES and ENTERTAINMENT
SERVICE

tony007’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

We had a great balcony cabin for the price we usually pay for an inside cabin on other cruise lines. We stayed on 13219, it was Aft under the buffet and infinity pool, great location and surprisingly never heard much noise. The cabin was very roomy with a beautiful glass balcony - do beware that some cabins in lower floors towards the front of the ship have metal balconies which means you can't just sit or lay down and have a view out the balcony.
  MSC Divina Deck Plans