• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

ferryhill9
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2014
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Just back from our Transatlantic on the Oasis of the Seas (15-27 Oct 2014). This is my first cruise review - Have to say I’m very disappointed.

Embarkation – Embarkation at Southampton was an absolute nightmare. As directed by email from RCCI we arrived at 12:00 to embark the ship. This was to find hundreds of people already milling around the doors of the terminal, luckily it was not raining. After much pushing and shoving in the queue (not by my wife or me I will stress) we finally got onboard around 2:30pm.

Cabin – We’ve been on the ship before so knew what to expect from a sea view balcony cabin, it’s a decent size and contrary to what some others report we found adequate storage space. Cabin was clean but the couch looked dirty and was stained in several places. There was a constant dusty smell in the cabin, and it probably requires a good deep clean, more than the steward could manage. He attempted to cover the smell up with an air freshener spray. The balcony was not cleaned in the two weeks we were on board.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony