3. Navigator of the Seas
Synopsis: Sailing on the Navigator was a relaxing and memorable experience. The main ingredient that made it so great was the crew. Their professionalism and courtesy was awesome! Day 1: Stayed overnight in Galveston and arrived at the cruise terminal prior to suite boarding at 11:30. Once the time began, an orderly procession through the terminal onto the ship, I would say less than 1 hour. I was a little warm/humid, but that's the Houston/Galveston area for you too. Luggage arrived on time to cabin, did the drill and enjoyed dinner in the main dinning room. Doston our waiter was great, and made a great first impression on my 3 year old daughter. Days 2 and 3: Sailing days. Daughter participated in Adventure Ocean both mornings, and really enjoyed it. Lunch in the Windjammer both afternoons. The food was very good, if you're expecting the same luxury as the main dinning room, you'll be disappointed. None of the food, however, was cold or was stale as I've seen in other reviews. Wife and I did some putt-putt and trivia, which were both fun. Long naps also taken too. Dinner in the main dinning room on Day 2 and at Giovanni's Table on Day 3. I wanted to get Chop's but they filled up fast, so pre-book or book on Day 1 if you want to go for dinner. Service, food selection and food itself was awesome at Giovanni's. Day 4: Port day in Roatan. Didn't have any excursions booked so did a little shopping in the area near the port. Typically shopping area. Did some swimming in the pool that afternoon and other lounging around the ship/cabin. Day 5: Port day in Belize. Had to tender to get to this port. Instructions for tender tickets given day before and very clear, and no problems with the tender. Weather was nice and directed easily to the Calypso Train tour. At the start of the train, the guide gave us some basic information on Belize and Belize City before we set out, as well as a presentation on where we would be going. Very interesting to see the two sides of the city (poor/rich). As we passed by, people on the street would smile or wave if you made eye contact (or vendors would try to sell you a coconut full of rum!). Didn't do any shopping but they had some places near the tender location. Special treat that night, as we had been invited to eat at the captain's table. Great group of fellow crusiers there and a fantastic meal and wine service. Very memorable. Day 6: Port day in Cozumel. Early day for our excursion, but no real issues getting off the ship (the elevators were not very cooperative). Got to the excursion point a little early, so did some window shopping. Since Cozumel has been doing the cruise port business for some time, there are not too many opportunities for bargaining, but more reassurance that the goods are decent quality. Once the excursion was ready to go, we walked a short distance to the sub. Once on board, the guide gave us some introductory remarks and off we went. A good excursion all in all. Day 7: At sea. Enjoyed the pool in the morning and then tried Johnny Rockets for lunch. I had heard people rave about the burgers and shakes, so I really wanted to try it. There was quite a line there when it opened at 11:30, so that further bolstered my expectations. Unfortunately, it fell a little below my expectations. The burgers and shakes were good, but not different from a good local establishment. Wasn't too bad for the price. Nice goodbye dinner in the dinning room. Disembarkation: Breakfast at the windjammer, our number was called. Elevators the only real issue, but the concierge helped out. Once we were in the process, we went from ship to car in 1 hour. Lines for customs moved the whole time. No complaints. All during the trip, whether getting on the ship, dinning, activities, or excursions, the crew was really the best. Everyone went out of their way to make sure your needs were met and our daughter got called "Princess" so many times, so might think she is royalty! Questions were answered promptly, and officers could be seen going about the ship at all time. Our room attendant Maggie was great, kept the room very clean and made up the sofa be every night for my daughter. Tip of the hat to the crew! We had so much fun we booked another, sadly it won't be until Feb 2016!

A good time on the Navigator!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by govpenguin

• Sail Date: October 2014
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
We had so much fun we booked another, sadly it won't be until Feb 2016!
govpenguin’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin GS 1582
A very roomy cabin, with a queen sized bed and fold out sofa, which worked great for our daughter. The bathroom was very spacious and the shower/tub combination was great. Great views from the balcony too!
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Really enjoyed the port of Belize. Took the Calypso Train tour of Belize City. Great way to see the city and learn about the history/culture. As a former British colony, the people speak English easily and are very hospitable.
    View All 81 City Tour Reviews
  • Submarine Tour
    It was overcast and slightly rainy in Cozumel, but enjoyed our excursion none the less. It was a little bit of walking to get to the submarine, but a decent amount of space once inside. It was narrated during the trip, and they talked enough that you knew what was going on without it being constant chatter. Would have probably seen more fish/aquatic life if it was sunny, but still fun!
    View All 83 Submarine Tour Reviews
  • Roatan
    Only got off the boat to do some shopping in the port shopping area. It wasn't very organized and seemed like they were having to improve it to meet the influx of cruise ships coming in.
    View All 2,825 Roatan Cruise Port Reviews