AmaPrima Cruise Review

Fabulous

AmaPrima Cruise Review by nandy5

• Sail Date: Oct 2014
  • Destination: Europe River

This was our first river cruise and we chose the Danube beginning with a land pre-excursion in Prague. We chose AmaWaterways based upon recommendations by friends as well as our travel agent. They don't advertise like other river cruise lines so I was always wondering how they would compare to commercials I'd seen. We are now loyal AMA cruisers. It was so elegant and was far beyond my expectations. The staff was remarkable, food was fabulous, wine, free flowing, local guides were extremely informed and spoke perfect English. There were also several optional land excursions that gave us even more insights into local culture. The major ports such as Vienna and Budapest were fabulous, but the smaller ports such as Bratislava and Regensburg were equally as beautiful. The ship was just beautiful and had every amenities you could imagine. There was nothing missing! We have done ocean cruises on smaller ships that excelled in elegance and AMA does the same. I highly recommend them. You won't be disappointed!!

nandy5's Full Rating Summary

Cabin with double balcony 224

the cabin was roomier than I expected. Loved the outside balcony for early morning coffee

Prague

Prague has always been on my bucket list. I wasn't disappointed. AMA provided experienced guides to escort us to the high spots of the city. They shared history as well as current politics and culture. They guided us towards other sites and restaurants to visit on our own. I always felt very safe and English was spoken in many shops and restaurants. Lots of French restaurants. The Old Town Hilton was our great hotel. AMA included breakfast with each night spent. AMA had a desk in the lobby and someone was always available. They also provided a variety of land excursions based upon your ability to walk, I.e. Gentle walkers, regular, active walkers, small van for those who needed more assistance. Water was always available. Prague's history is amazing and the guides were very knowledgable and didn't miss a thing.

Vienna

Vienna exceeded our expectations. Modern yet full of history. The city was obviously in love with music.

Budapest

Sailing into Budapest was so beautiful but riding/walking around the city was the best. Our guide was so knowledgeable and being born and raised there gave him exceptional perspective. He pointed out small sites we never would have noticed, and talked a lot about their rich history of occupation and the realities of life during those very challenging days. His comments are still resonating with me. It was so enjoyable seeing the contrast between Buda and Pest , both sides of the city separated by The Danube. That evening we did a moonlight sail to see the magnificent lights. What a way to end the day.

Schonbrunn Palace

The palace was extraordinary and huge. Hard to believe this was a "summer home". It's billed as the Versailles of Austria and you won't be disappointed

View All 179 Schonbrunn Palace Reviews
Walking Tour

Great city for a walk. We took a bus tour because of the size of the city but got off the bus and did walks through important areas. This was especially nice for taking pictures.

View All 183 Walking Tour Reviews