3. Volendam
First off I'm a 4star mariner very loyal to HAL until now .this ship had to be the coldest ship Ive ever sailedonand .so extremely cold in the crows nest on deck 9 u needed mukluks and a parka.no control over the temperature in the wajang theatre either..freezing cold.. My hsband and I were in an outside cabin and there was no "cooler"and when I asked for one I was told they would rent one for $2.00aday.after all the cruises and money spent on their cruises and the boutiques,andthe tips that was really nickel and dime as far as im concerned and when I e-mailed my travel agent about this matter,her company said they would arrange for a credit and pay for the cooler,but the front desk claimed they were never told about a credit and then saidthere were no more coolers available but several passengers saw crew wheeling coolers ondollies in the hallways.. Also several members at the front desk couldn't get their stories straight on other matters.the food wasn't up to snuff in the Lido and the main diningroom and because a shortage of staff one didn't always receive fast service in the dining roomand because the ship had "Norwalk virus" on the Alaskan part of the cruise no one could even use the salt&pepper until 3 days out of LA..very inconvenient to say the least. so I would have tobe given a very inexpensive cruise and many perks to EVER sail with HAL again..Our 2 cabin stewards were wonderful and the staff in the lounges were great,they helped make the cruise a little enjoyable.and half the ship were Aussies and they were not a happy lot.the entertainment and lectureswere wonderful.. I also broke one of my crowns on a bone in a supposedly boneless pork dish and HAL assured me they will pay the dental costs..we shall see.I,m sure many passengers will be complaining on facebook and twitter re:this cruise..

Upset Cruiser

i love cats’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Volendam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F
our cabin was fine but some passengers were bitterly complaining about theirs..too hot or too cold
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins