3. Navigator of the Seas
As back round we flew into Hobby Airport the day before the cruise and stayed at the Comfort Suites. Nothing special but they had a good rate so it was good enough. We took 24hourairport taxi to the terminal the next day and arrived there about 10:30 and was on the ship in an hour. Very easy process with no chaos at all that has been described in other postings. The ship itself is very nice. I can't say it looks brand new from the refurb it went through earlier this year but it didn't appear old either. We hung around the pool after changing into bathing suites and went to our cabin when we thought our luggage would be there. Sure enough by 3pm we were good to go. The activities were plentiful. My wife did the Zumba class poolside the kids did the rock climbing wall and had an absolute blast on the Flowrider. We stayed on the ship on the day the ship was in Jamaica and the kids had the Flowrider almost to themselves. Otherwise count on some pretty long wait periods when you are using it. We went to almost all the shows. Very good entertainment as my 10 and 12 year olds have not been to this type of venue and they really enjoyed them. We sat in the front row every time and it's pretty cool to be up front and close to the action and I highly recommend the ice show and dancing show but they were all good. Very talented crew putting on a good show. The service in all areas of the ship was outstanding. In the Windjammer, the servers would come around and offer to get you a drink. My 10 year old spilled a drink and 2 servers were on it in a flash and another was on his way to get her another drink with a smile on his face! Almost the entire crew would greet you with a "good morning" or " hello, sir". Just old fashion good manners. Our room attendant was named Elroy on deck 10 and if you get him you are lucky to have him. He was so nice to me and my family and the girls would run to the room after dinner to see what towel animal he made! WE ate at Chops one night and it was fantastic. One of the best steaks I've ever had. The Windjammer had a good variety of food that I enjoyed as well. We ate in the MDR one night and I did not care for the food. Seemed a bit bland to me for the occasion. I have a hard time sitting through a 1 1/2 hour dinner as well. Disembarkation was a breeze. We were off the ship by 7:40 and even my driver could not believe we were off so quickly. No chaos whatsoever so don't believe everything you read here. All in all a great family cruise and I would highly recommend you get on board and experience some of the things I did. You won't regret it!

We had a great time!