Ruby Princess Cruise Review

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by ginal

• Sail Date: Aug 2014
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I am not writing a long review because the Ruby is not sailing this itinerary again. So I am not going to go over the ports.

1. Staff=Tremendous. Every staff member was upbeat and smiling. Nothing was too hard for them to do. They carried trays, got extra blankets, got seconds of food at dinner...and the list goes forever.

2. Ship=Great shape. Once you got the layout the ship was easy to navigate.

3. Ports=Lines. We never stood in line to get on or off the ship more than 20 people of so. That is fantastic considering how many people they have to move.

4. WIFI=Not bad. I paid in advance and used my ipad all over the ship...yes it's slow...but I found it fine. It did the job and kept everyone in the loop. We were gone 26 nights in all, so this was a must.

5. Excursions=We only took a few with Princess and they were pretty good. The one that was not up to par, we were given a 15% refund. So that's fine.

Things I learned on a long cruise with lots of ports:

1. Bring labels from home to just stick on Postcards...Takes forever to write all that out.

2. Bring a map of the area just to keep up with where you are in the world.

3. Scotch tape to tape the itinerary on the mirror-so everyone knows where you are going and doing each day.

4. Be first in line for excursions so can sit in front seats of bus. Longer time at attraction. 1st off-last on.

ginal's Full Rating Summary