Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by sunnycoast123

• Sail Date: Sep 2014
  • Destination: the South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

This was our second Royal Caribbean cruise and first time on this ship and it was wonderful!!! The Radiance is definitely a beautiful ship and the crew are very polite and always took the time to greet us where ever we were on the ship.

We opted for My Time Dining and this worked well most nights as we got to sit next to different people and on the last few nights we opted to dine with people we had came friends with and this worked well. We loved the choice of food on the menu but we always asked for extra vegetables and this was never a problem. A couple of times food didn't come out cooked as requested but wait staff were quick to rectify the problem.

A very negative point was that there were not enough Australian or New Zealand wines on the wine and dine package and with over 1500 Australians onboard there should have been more choices.

My other little gripe is that we could never get a lounge chair in the Sanctuary as people would reserve the chairs and then go away for hours. Unsure how you police the area but it would be nice if people went for lunch gave up their lounges for someone else.

Overall, we would definitely cruise again with Royal Caribbean and recommend the Radiance of the Seas

sunnycoast123's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 9611

This was a fantastic location as it was midship and only two decks down from the pool or windjammer cafe however unsure why on occasions we could hear the baby next door crying and people coughing next door. It was a quad berth next door and I suppose their bed was hard up against our wall. Other than that I was surprised at how big our cabin was compared to other lines we have travelled with.Also I sleep really well in a dark room. The first time we did an inside cabin I used to leave the bathroom light on but now I just love the dark room and in the morning we just turn the TV on to see what the weather is outside. For us a cheaper cabin means we can spend more money elsewhere.

sunnycoast123