• Newsletter

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2014
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

This was my first cruise, so in many ways I didn't know what to expect. Everything was pleasant from the time we were dropped off at the cruise terminal until the moment we caught a cab back home.

Understandably, there were about a squintillion people all trying to board the ship, but I thought every official point of contact was professional and efficient and the process was very quick.

Although choosing Holland America and the Westerdam was completely random, I loved the classic look of the ship and everything seemed very classy (though by no means "elegant" as the captain repeatedly referred to it).

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VB

The cabin was larger than I expected and had tons and tons of storage, but everything was a bit worn and definitely past it's prime. It was wonderful to have our own private "sail away" party on the verandah or just enjoy pre-dinner cocktails. Sailing in to Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta in the early morning with a view from bed was amazing.

3 Helpful Votes