Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Kimmy D

• Sail Date: Aug 2014
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

We traveled in a group of 7 on Adventure of the Seas in Aug. '14  Although we had a great holiday as a group, we were very disappointed with some aspects of the cruise.

It was our 3rd time with Royal Caribbean. Generally the food in the main dining room was poor. It often arrived cold and often over cooked (especially the fish). I had the worst scallops I have ever tasted. There is no way RCI can boast 'World Class Fine Dining'. It most certainly wasn't. I could have cooked it better myself at home. The food in Windjammer very good considering it is self service. Salads always fresh and delicious.

There were gangs of teenagers sending lifts up and down aimlessly and leaving soaking wet pool towels in the lifts, on the stairs and in odd corners of the ship. Regularly saw abandoned plates of food on stairs.

One night there was a fight in the night club. The poor victim spent the night in the ships medical centre and the 2 perpetrators put in the slammer. I don't know what happened to them but I hope they were thrown off at the next port.After that more security staff patrolled at night.

We were very surprised at the lack of table manners of so many people and their children very badly behaved at meal times.

One day by the pool it was 2hours before we saw a waiter taking drinks orders.

We have booked P&O for next year. We may give RCI another chance in the future but if we have the same problems again we will sever our love affair with RCI.

Kimmy D's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 6225

Stateroom was lovely and serviced well twice a day. No complaints.

Kimmy D