3. Navigator of the Seas
This was the 15th cruise for my wife and I. It was the first time we had taken a large group with us (38 in all). Our group was made up of married children, friends, and in-laws. To sum up everyone had a wonderful time. Many of the first time cruisers thought it was just fantastic and in many ways it was. The ship is absolutely beautiful. Our cabin was a mini suite and it was just outstanding. There was plenty of room and our big surprise was the walk-in closet. Most of our group were in balcony cabins and they just sang high praises about the comfort of the cabins. There were no complaints about storage space and there was plenty of room on each balcony to be comfortable with a drink in the evening or just reading a book in the afternoon. The ship was spotless. The decor is just beautiful. The Promenade is just a lot of fun. We sampled most of the night spots and heard some great music from Glen Miller and some wonderful ball room dancing to Latin, disco and a great singing bar. The spa is well equipped and the machines are some of the best. I worked out every day as did several of my friends and it was great fun. What they were missing were cups for your water. You had to leave your workout machine in order to get a drink at the drinking fountain. The food was good although I have had better. There was a lack of good presentation and delivery of the food. Our waiter happened to be very good but around us there were complaints of being hurried and just not quite up to the standards we have had on previous cruises. I was really impressed with the Windjammer Cafe. It is a very efficient operation and even with 3000 people on board you never had to really wait in a long line or even any line at all. I loved the coffee. On some cruises I have been really disappointed with the coffee. Not on this cruise. I do not want to fault all the help on board as many were very nice but overall I would not say this was the friendliest staff I have had. If there is room for improvement and there is, it would be in the attitude of some staff. Many never even said anything to you. One of the enjoyments for me on a cruise is meeting the many different people from allover the world. It is always fun to speak with them and learn about where they are from etc. It was evident with many on this ship that they were not customer friendly. Overall it was a great trip. Would I go again on one of these RCCL Mega ships - absolutely.

Navigator of the Seas - Eastern Caribbean