Aurora Cruise Review

Fab Strictly Come Dancing cruise.

Aurora Cruise Review by djbo

• Sail Date: Sep 2014
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Large Inside Stateroom with Shower

I was very apprehensive as this was our first cruise but we thoroughly enjoyed it. The strictly theme was excellent and we couldn't believe the quality of the entertainment. We stayed a 5 star hotel in Tenerife earlier in the year and we had only one night of good entertainment compared to every night on the Aurora. I loved the old fashioned elegance of the ship and I hope they don't change it too much during the refurbishments. We had lovely dining companions (Andrew and Suzanne) who had cruised before and gave us plenty of tips. The cabin was kept spotless by our steward Julmax and I was surprised at the size, I had expected it to be much more cramped. Unfortunately the dreaded Norovirus infected some passengers and so strict rules were applied in the dining areas and we could tell the Captain was annoyed as he actually said it must have been brought onboard by a passenger. It did not affect us enjoying our cruise however we haven't got the urge to book another, I think we would perhaps go earlier in the year as the weather wasn't fantastic, think we had only four days of sunshine. If I had only one gripe it would be that the sunbeds on the top deck at the stern, were very dirty and despite my mentioning it at reception, nothing was done. I wiped mine down with wet ones!

djbo's Full Rating Summary

Large Inside Stateroom with Shower

Lovely cabin, plenty of storage and kept spotless.

djbo