MSC Divina Cruise Review

Great Cruise, Much Better Than I Expected

MSC Divina Cruise Review by shepdt

• Sail Date: Aug 2014
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

First I want to give a little information about myself. I am a very experienced cruiser, I have been on well over 30 cruises, just about every major Us cruise lines, I worked in the Cruise line industry for over 7 years, and I am currently a travel agent. I was looking to book a cruise for my Honeymoon and I came across a great deal on the MSc Divina. However, after reading the reviews on here I was very skeptical about booking this cruise for my Honeymoon. Especially this was going to be my Wife's very first cruise! After doing a little research, I saw MSc also had some unbelievable Spa Packages! So I decided to take the risk and Book it! Not going to lie I was super nervous about this cruise.. Once I arrived, it was the most Beautiful ship I had ever seen!!!! I was blown away! What stood out the most was the Spa, unbelievable service and prices! The buffet food was way better then other cruise lines. However, I felt the main dining room dining did no live up to the expectations of Cruise Dining. Food portions were very small and bland. Service levels on ship were below average. A very relaxing type cruise, not many activities during the day. The Eataly Specialty restaurant was a Major highlight! Well worth it!! The pizza on board was best pizza ever!!! Then again it is Italian! Overall a very great Cruise! Book and Enjoy!

shepdt's Full Rating Summary

Room was great! Disappointed in the balcony view. Was basically obstructed when MSc clearly stated they were not. Do not book the Lower level mid ship balcony as partially obstructed views. Book forward or back or higher deck. but had a tub which was a shocker! Pretty roomy!

Great Stirrup Cay

pretty much just a beach, rented a raft. Was not worth it, drifted way to fast and was very difficult to get back. Food by ship is provided for free. So was nice BBQ on beach.

Dunn's River Falls

A little long of a bus ride but well worth it! Bring your own water shoes! Local lunch was included was great but spicy jerk food! Highlights of our trip! Loved the waterfalls!

View All 256 Dunn's River Falls Reviews
Kayaking

We were first time kayakers, much harder then we thought! But was a great experience. You kayak a good distance! Snorkeling was awesome, lots of fish, the fish would swim into you!

Snorkeling

View All 340 Snorkeling Reviews
Mayan Ruins

We were so excited to see the ruins! Excursion included shopping, lunch and beach break. Don't know what happened but took us over 2 hours to get to ruins and they said because we were late we only had 15 minutes to see ruins. Which was all you really needed but was expecting a hour. Not a great as you would think but can say you saw it. Only had 15 minutes to shop. The beach and lunch ended up being the highlight of excursion. Great authentic Mexican food! Beach was beautiful with a nice small surf!

View All 425 Mayan Ruins Reviews